Talk

Advanced search

Wedding photos - worth paying for albums?

(6 Posts)
ChessieFL Sun 19-May-13 15:47:59

I'm researching photographers and many do a cheaper package if you don't get an album and just get the images on disc/USB. The albums on offer do look lovely but they do bump the price up! If you did get an album from your photographer, was it worth paying extra for or do you think you would have been just as happy creating your own photobook afterwards?

Pandemoniaa Sun 19-May-13 23:08:08

I think it depends on how you will actually use your photographs and your preference for viewing them. I'm not getting an album because it'll get put away carefully and gather dust. The DVD that my photographer is giving me will be much more useful and I can use it to get any prints I do want done.

Picturepuncture Sun 19-May-13 23:11:32

I love my album but it did cost a LOT. Each to their own on this one I think.

MildredH Sun 19-May-13 23:16:12

We didn't get an album, our package included a DVD with all 700 (!) images on. Albums were available at extra cost but at the time we were looking to save wherever we could..

The only drawback is- almost 2 years down the line we haven't sorted our own albums- due to laziness & procrastination mainly but also with SO many pics its hard to even begin to choose. I would suggest that if its at all affordable think about getting your photographer to make the album if its something you think you'd like..

Cavort Sun 19-May-13 23:25:05

Didn't bother with an album, just got a disc with full copying permission for the images and a DVD slideshow to our wedding music.

As much as we enjoyed the day, we couldn't honestly envisage that we would ever sit down and reminisce with an album.

I have never even watched the DVD, all we have done is printed off a few pictures for around the house and relatives have borrowed the disc and done the same.

Money well saved I feel.

ChessieFL Mon 20-May-13 11:13:54

Thanks for the responses. I do think an album would be lovely to have but it does seem to bump the price up a lot and as Pandemoniaa says after looking at it a few times it will just get put away somewhere. We are trying to keep costs down and are already close to our limit so I think we will give the album a miss and just get the disc. Thanks for your help!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now