Talk

Advanced search

Wedding gifts for the bridal party

(8 Posts)
FedupofTurkey Sun 12-May-13 18:53:14

Are you buying the groom, bridesmaids (adult), usher, best man gifts? If so, what? I need ideas!

Scheherezade Sun 12-May-13 20:07:51

My bridesmaids sister has started making jewellery so I got her to make an earring design to match my theme for all 3 BMs. I've had a fine silver bracelet made for my MoH with a peardrop flat charm with Maid of Honour written on.

DP has some personalised.socks, boxers and cufflinks getting delivered to his hotel room that morning. I don't know what he's getting his best man (who is a woman).

Scheherezade Sun 12-May-13 20:08:45

Notonthehighstreet.com is good for ideas. I negotiated a deal for the bracelet with our rings jeweller

andadietcoke Sun 12-May-13 20:12:57

I bought DH a personalised monopoly set with dates and places that meant a lot to us - mymonopoly

Bridesmaids got charm bracelets.

Ushers got tankards from Tiffany - looked much grander than they were!

Best Man got shares in Playboy (we were young and entertained by this!!) and cuff links that held paracetamol tablets inside.

louiespence Mon 13-May-13 12:53:00

Watching this thread with interest as I have no idea what to get my sister, who is my bridesmaid. DP is getting his best man an engraved hipflask, which I thought was a nice idea.

We don't have ushers as such, but DP's brothers are helping out with stuff, so maybe we ought to get them something?

Are we supposed to get the groom a present? Hadn't realised that!!

WorkingtoohardMama Mon 13-May-13 12:59:29

I was a bridesmaid last month and I got a mirror in a personalised pouch (from notonthehighstreet) and a benefit lip gloss, it was such a lovely thoughtful gift and something that will get used a lot.

RakeABedOfTyneFilth Mon 13-May-13 13:38:27

Three and a half years ago we got the two bridesmaids a piece of jewellery each (different, according to their individual styles), the ushers either a hip flask or a pill box with the date engraved on it, can't remember what the best man got, DM/MIL probably flowers, FIL a bottle of something and my dad a Joseph Joseph adjustable thickness rolling pin... He had made 200 pastries which we had in lieu of wedding cake, and deserved a new rolling pin!!

Bricklestick Mon 13-May-13 14:40:29

Female members of the bridal party got a silver bracelet that I designed (identical to the one I wore myself on the day), and all the males got culfflinks that matched my wedding dress, which was purple and silver.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now