Talk

Advanced search

Five more sleeps! [enourmous grin]

(10 Posts)
sittinghippo Mon 10-Oct-11 16:25:13

The sleepless nights have finally started... all I can think about is what have I forgotten, have I done enough food, and will everyone enjoy themselves???!!

I'm going to be shattered by the time Saturday finally comes around. grin

ElasticNipples Mon 10-Oct-11 17:25:13

oooooo congratultions, hope you have a fantastic week!
will you be chilling or running around like a mad woman this week?
xx

sittinghippo Mon 10-Oct-11 21:27:27

Running around like a madwoman Elastic, we are doing it all ourselves; flowers, cakes, catering, the lot. And I have two DDs to take care of and get to school!

Will be glad when its all over grin

ElasticNipples Mon 10-Oct-11 22:14:25

well thats the most fun! tho i doubt very much you will feel the same by friday grin

have you much to do?

SnakeOnCrack Tue 11-Oct-11 12:21:28

I'm getting married on Sat too! Wedding twins!

I'm impressed that you're doing it all yourself! I've farmed out the flowers, catering etc.. my sis is making the cakes and I did the decorations etc, but at the moment - sod all!

Good luck and enjoy!

melodyangel Tue 11-Oct-11 16:45:53

Oh good luck sittinghippo!

I did it all myself too. Delegate as much as possible, don't sweat the little stuff and have someone on call if possible.

How much do you still need to do?

melodyangel Tue 11-Oct-11 16:47:51

Good luck to SnakeOnCrack too!

Have a wonderful day both of you. It goes really quickly so try and take five mins out with your new DH's to stop and take it all in.

Congratulations!

sittinghippo Tue 11-Oct-11 20:00:12

Ooh good luck for Saturday then Snake!

I do have a lot of family help, my mum is great with flowers and cakes, and we have a small venue with buffet (but I hadnt realised how much food 100 guests would need!!), so will be cooking and prepping all day Friday and Saturday morning... sigh. ...oh, in between hairdresser and nail salon of course!

melody well done, I feel superhuman lol. I still need to order rolls from bakery, and do a big shop at Bookers, and get all the fresh food, fruit etc. Everything else is, I think, under control.

Cant wait, and thanks I will make sure to take 5 minutes out of the day to just enjoy!!

MelancholyAngel Mon 17-Oct-11 12:30:26

I hope you both had an amazing day. Congratulations!

LizaTarbucksNonSmokingAuntie Mon 17-Oct-11 12:32:32

Ooooooooo fantastic hope you have a happy week and all your preparations run smoothly and you have a wonderful day snake and hippo.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now