Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Christmas eve wedding!!!

(7 Posts)
littlemagic Fri 07-Oct-11 23:09:57

Hi could anyone please help me. We want to get married on Christmas eve at the registary office. Is this high season low season etc? Am not sure about prices

lollipoppet Sat 08-Oct-11 09:52:23

Not sure about season, just give them a call and ask! Tbh it will probably be more than you thought! Was with us anyway! But just thought I would say what a lovely idea, think it will be just magical smile

ben5 Sat 08-Oct-11 09:55:54

just think about your guests however as they may be unwilling to attend Christmas eve as they have plans for the next day also expense maybe a problem for them aswell as you. I know it is your day but be prepared for lack of support

LynetteScavo Sat 08-Oct-11 10:18:41

Don't registry offices have a flat fee? confused

I would have thought if they are free, they are free. You need to phone and ask.

mamsnet Sat 08-Oct-11 10:23:35

I would run it by the people who are close to me first.. Personally I would be FURIOUS if any of my friends expected me to attend their wedding on Christmas Eve and only a little bit less so if it was family.

going Sat 08-Oct-11 10:28:57

I also would find out what your guests think. If many people have to travel more than a couple of hours they may leave early and the reception will fizzle out before it's had a chance to get started.

CroissantNeuf Sat 08-Oct-11 10:33:18

I'm afraid my first thought was - OMG Xmas Eve is chaotic and busy enough as it is, not sure how I'd feel about trying to fit in a wedding if I was invited to one especially if it involved travel, either to the wedding or on to our Xmas destination (as not everyone spends Xmas at home).

If all your important guests are fine with it though, go for it (but be willing to accept that a lot of people might not be able to attend due to previous plans).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now