Talk

Advanced search

Entertainment ideas

(6 Posts)
emmylou157 Sun 21-Aug-11 22:14:49

Hi,
I have just booked my wedding for Feb 2012 and am looking for entertainment ideas. As we won't be able to use the gardens - without freezing to death need some ideas to keep everyone entertained. Also don't have a massive budget so can't go mad. What have you enjoyed at weddings you have been to?
Thanks
Emma

carpwidow Sun 21-Aug-11 22:16:39

Get a magician. I don't mean one that makes sausage dogs out of balloons, but something classy - card tricks to mystify at your table.

emsyj Wed 24-Aug-11 18:14:03

We had a ceilidh band (copying some friends who did the same at their wedding) and it was brilliant. Everyone joined in (probably helped by the copious wine served...) and it was lovely to see friends and family who had never met before all dancing together.

Ephiny Wed 24-Aug-11 21:07:01

Ceilidh band is an excellent idea - friends of ours did this too for their wedding, and while I was a bit sceptical it was actually fantastic and great fun. Really good for getting even confirmed non-dancers up there having a go!

redexpat Sat 17-Sep-11 23:35:37

We had a barn dance. Both the photographer and the venue told us they'd never seen so many guests dancing at a wedding reception!

ANiceCupofTeaandASitDown Mon 19-Sep-11 20:21:38

Not sure what your budget is but we had a 'Beatles' Tribute band. They were fanastic and got everybody dancing - wide age range of people but everybody knows at least one Beatles song!! They even dressed up as them with wigs 'n' all!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now