Talk

Advanced search

Hen do

(10 Posts)
Newbabynewmum Tue 02-Aug-11 17:44:14

Hi. Can you tell me about your hen do's? My friend has asked me to help organise one but it's on a budget & is pretty short notice. She is having a very individual wedding and I know won't just want a drink fuelled night out. So any ideas? Any less obvious activities or particularly fun things you've done before? Thanks!!

iklboo Tue 02-Aug-11 17:52:22

A friend of mine went paintballing.

scurryfunge Tue 02-Aug-11 17:55:53

Hot air ballooning

Unlurked Tue 02-Aug-11 17:57:20

I'm doing a fire walk for mine. I know people that have done white water rafting.

Newbabynewmum Tue 02-Aug-11 18:03:01

Ooh thank you. Can I just ask what a fire walk is? Keep em coming! smile

Unlurked Tue 02-Aug-11 20:27:28

Walking on hot coals. It looks very cool! You have to do some 'mind over matter' focusing stuff first then you walk barefoot over hot coals. Look it up on YouTube if you're interested, I'm sure you'll get some good videos on there.

billgrangersrisotto Thu 04-Aug-11 15:39:04

Where are you? If near London, murder mystery 30s evening (didn't go myself but friend did this for her friends hen, looked fab. Dress up in 30s charleston/flapper stuff!).

If north, Harrogate for afternoon tea at bettys?
If adventure seekers, google go ape.

redexpat Fri 12-Aug-11 00:41:17

London hen day: brunch, bollywood dancing at pineapple studios, treasure hunt around the sites, dinner.

Denmark: Archery, followed by BUNNY SHOWJUMPING and bbq with the stags, followed by sumo wrestling in those HUGE suits.

LizaTarbucksAuntie Fri 12-Aug-11 19:26:23

We did a long lazy lunch in a relaxed restaurant, a walk round the park and then pimms and cake on the lawn of a friends house, it was proper girlie time and we all had a wonderful time, really relaxed which was just exactly what I needed at that point.

Had the added bonus of not being financially ruinious smile

Thefoxsbrush Fri 12-Aug-11 20:56:40

I did a national holidays mystery tour. £39 per head for transport, hotel room for 1 night, evening meal and breakfast. You stop at 2 places through the day, somewhere overnight and then 1 place the next day. We had a sweepstake of where hotel was. Ended up visiting a few nice little Market towns, overnight in Birmingham and then Stratford upon ago the next day. Good luck with your planning!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now