Talk

Advanced search

Nice/crafty way to give cash as present?

(9 Posts)
pommedechocolat Mon 25-Jul-11 10:56:47

A friend getting married in August has just asked for help with a honeymoon money wise instead of presents. They have set up no account though so I presume just mean cash in an envelope.
I'm fine with giving cash would just like to come up with a cute way of presenting it that could maybe include some little momento/present within it. But I can't think of anything. Can anyone help?

FlubbaBubba Mon 25-Jul-11 14:31:06

How about you buy them a small boxed present and instead of using the normal tissue paper to 'present' the contents in, you use notes? confused
Or you could give them a funky money box (you can get ones that say "saving for honeymoon" or some such) and put the money already in that?

pommedechocolat Mon 25-Jul-11 15:09:30

I like the money box idea! Thanks Flubba. I'd think I'd have to be giving bit more to use notes as tissue paper!

redexpat Mon 25-Jul-11 21:48:33

I once received a money tree because for my birthday I had asked for money to spend on the garden. Think notes tucked into and rubber banded around branches!

nickschick Mon 25-Jul-11 21:50:29

A money box or a memento box perhaps to store wedding bits after the wedding with the money you intend to give them in the bottom.

LoopyLoopsTootyFroots Mon 25-Jul-11 21:52:53

SIL wanted a new mattress but delivery was going to be tricky so we made a small fabric one and tucked the money under the sheet!

Honeymoon - something to do with, eg. a model plane holding cash? A parasol etc?

PortBlacksandIsleOfDogs Mon 25-Jul-11 21:54:10

How about making a little wishing well - put the money in the bottom and also some various good wishes on note in there too....

PortBlacksandIsleOfDogs Mon 25-Jul-11 21:54:47

notes

BluddyMoFo Mon 25-Jul-11 21:55:14

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now