Talk

Advanced search

Anyone had black bridesmaids dresses

(11 Posts)
nappyaddict Fri 08-Jul-11 01:51:09

My friend likes these two

www.weddingdressonlineshop.co.uk/bridesmaid-dresses/3818-satin-strapless-floor-length-a-line-black-wholesale-2011-bridesmaid-dress-bm-0568.html

www.weddingdressonlineshop.co.uk/bridesmaid-dresses/2038-chiffon-soft-neckline-with-sheath-floor-length-skirt-2011-hot-sell-black-bridesmaid-dress-ca1.html

HerRoyalNotness Fri 08-Jul-11 02:05:11

My step sister did and also a friend recently. Looks great especially if bride is wearing cream. I prefer the first of the links.

nappyaddict Fri 08-Jul-11 03:03:57

Did they have little bridesmaids or flower girls in black as well? I don't know if I like the idea of little girls in black dresses.

StarryEyedMama Fri 08-Jul-11 04:23:40

It depends entirely on your theme and colour preferences. Black is a very strong colour for a wedding and you need to find something ghat you're both happy with. If you do decide to go for the black how about for the younger bridesmaids/flower girls, a white or cream dress with a black ribbon round the waist! Dessy do some lovely ones.

StarryEyedMama Fri 08-Jul-11 04:24:01

It depends entirely on your theme and colour preferences. Black is a very strong colour for a wedding and you need to find something ghat you're both happy with. If you do decide to go for the black how about for the younger bridesmaids/flower girls, a white or cream dress with a black ribbon round the waist! Dessy do some lovely ones.

HerRoyalNotness Fri 08-Jul-11 04:28:36

Only adults for bridesmaids, but I second starry with flower girls in cream with black sashes.

For my DSS we had long black, black sandals, cream roses. My friend had her 2 sisters in 2 different styles of black dress to suit their bodyshape, about knee length. She went for a 40/50s style, looked STUNNING!

nappyaddict Mon 11-Jul-11 13:32:34

Anyone had long black dresses on adults and what did you do for younger bridesmaids? Did you do the cream with black ribbon thing as Starry suggested?

Bue Mon 11-Jul-11 19:53:42

I was a BM in black at my friend's wedding. The flowers were pink and cream roses, and the flower girl I think wore a cream dress with a pink sash. It all looked very nice. Black sashes on flower girls would also be lovely.

nappyaddict Tue 12-Jul-11 06:35:26

Was it long or knee length?

Bue Tue 12-Jul-11 16:15:58

All knee length.

melliebobs Thu 14-Jul-11 17:50:42

when i got married there was another wedding at the same venue and the bridesmaids were in black. And all the flowers were like a hot pink. I liked it as it really stood out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now