Talk

Advanced search

jobs for dad

(6 Posts)
lollipoppet Tue 05-Jul-11 09:36:05

I need to designate some jobs to my dad for our wedding so that he will stop choosing everything for me, from my dress to first dance!
He is very handy, a joiner by trade and good at researching stuff on tinternet oh and he loves going to the car boots on a Sunday! Any ideas what I can delegate to him so he feels useful but stops doing my head in!?
I haven't quite decided on themes etc but like shabby chic, romAntic sort of style....

Paschaelina Tue 05-Jul-11 09:50:50

Can he make you matching chairs or top table? (not Beckham Thrones, I hasten to add!)

Paschaelina Tue 05-Jul-11 09:51:41

Get him to find unusual favours on the web?

JanMorrow Wed 06-Jul-11 16:01:21

I'll throw a few ideas out!

Get him to collect/buy loads of floral tea cups (mismatched) which make tables look really pretty, vases and jugs from car boots and second hand/charity shops. Then you'll have your table centre pieces sorted and he'll have a nice project. You can also pick them up on ebay and amazon etc so he can do a bit of internet hunting too.

If you're thinking of having a sweetie table/candy bar then he can also keep an eye out for likely containers (glass bowls/jars etc).

If he likes making stuff then maybe get him to make either a photo booth type thing (so people can take photos of themselves in silly hats etc- all the rage) or a kissing booth. A friend had one at a recent wedding which was really funny..

Or one of those seaside photo things where you put your head through (with a bride and groom on?) Can he paint?

lollipoppet Thu 07-Jul-11 14:48:12

Thanks for the ideas! What's wrong with Beckham style thrones?! smile
I think his missions will be to look out for pretty cups and saucers, make an arch that we can decorate with flowers and some wooden signs I think... hopefully that will keep him busy for a bit!

redexpat Fri 08-Jul-11 20:50:43

Perhaps runners or other table decorations? He could look out for fabric in charity shops/car boots.

I like the seaside photo thing idea!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now