Talk

Advanced search

Bridesmaid Dresses - help needed please

(8 Posts)
MrsFruitcake Sun 09-Jan-11 19:18:12

My best friend is getting married in June. She has 10 bridesmaids in all, 4 older ones (already catered for) and 6 young ones.

We are having difficulty finding dresses - the sheer number of bridesmaids means that the parents will have to pay for the dresses (I am one of them!) so they need to be sub £35 if possible as we need to pay for shoes too. Her colours are burgundy and cream. This is proving to be a nightmare as the ages range so much - 1 of one, 1 of 3, one of 5, one of 7 and two of 14. We have decided that they two 14 year olds will need different dresses from the younger ones but we can't seen to find anywhere cheap enough and we don't want to resort to using ebay as we just don't trust the quality.

Anyone know of anywhere we can go?

Much appreciated!

mrsharrycunningham Sun 09-Jan-11 19:22:39

Gosh, that's a tricky one. What about BHS? Or maybe hiring them? Not sure what sort of price that would be but am guessing it would be cheaper than buying. Or is there anyone who could make them?

Not much help I know but didn't want your post to go unanswered.

collision Sun 09-Jan-11 19:31:28

BHS

older bm dresses

collision Sun 09-Jan-11 19:33:48

NEXT

older NEXT BM Dresses

DrSeuss Sun 09-Jan-11 19:35:21

Ebay. You can get nice looking, cheap dresses eghttp://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-Donna-Bella-Satin-Maxi -Bridesmaid-Dress-Gown-12-Win-/220720210392?pt=UK_ Wedding_Clothing&hash=item3363f321d8
Sometimes you have to spend quite a while looking but it should be there.

frangipan Sun 09-Jan-11 19:39:04

www.justdresses.co.uk ????

GetTheXmasPartyStarted Sun 09-Jan-11 19:41:23

www.styleshake.co.uk - got my BM dresses from here and they were lovely

MmeLindt Sun 09-Jan-11 19:43:03

My cousin had dresses from Tesco for the younger ones, believe it or not.

Pretty party dresses in burgundy, her mum sewed a tulle overskirt on top and a big satin sash.

BHS

Go for cream dresses with burgundy sashes, as long as the dresses are similar shades, it won't matter if they are different styles. The sashes will bring them together.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: