Talk

Advanced search

Messy hair

(18 Posts)
MrsBogangles Tue 28-Dec-10 19:50:34

My son is an usher at a wedding and will be wearing a smart suit. Unfortunately, he wears his hair quite long, and generally messy. I think he should make an effort to tidy it up but he refuses to get it cut. Thoughts?

MrsBogangles Tue 28-Dec-10 20:03:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MyNameIsWendy Tue 28-Dec-10 20:26:36

Either he get's it tidied up, or wears it tied back in a neat ponytail or plait (held with ribbon grin!)

southeastastra Tue 28-Dec-10 20:28:18

yes just tie it back

MyNameIsWendy Wed 29-Dec-10 08:05:14

Seriously, if you can get him to go the one step further- it could lok great. Just tied back with a band, would be an improvement- but a very neat plait, from the back of the neck wpuld look really smart- and not at all "girly". Otherwise, tied back in a low ponytail, with a piece of plain black ribbon would look good too. If he wants to have long hair- he needs to realise he has to make an effort sometimes with it.

MrsBogangles Wed 29-Dec-10 17:55:29

I mentioned this whilst his girlfriend was around- she thinks its a great idea and has told me she'll decide! I'll leave her to it- he'll listen to her!

Julia3000 Wed 29-Dec-10 18:06:15

I'm loving the idea of a plait!

PawPuss Wed 29-Dec-10 18:06:42

I think messy hair and suits look great together grin

MrsBogangles Wed 29-Dec-10 18:11:24

Don't say that- that's the last thing I want hear!

MrsBogangles Wed 29-Dec-10 18:40:45

His girlfriend has just shown me her handy work- and I must say she's done a beutiful job putting it into a really neat plait. I think she's got carried away though, as he's now got a french plait from the top of his head- not really what I was expecting. She's enjoyed herself though- and he looks very embaressed! She's promised to have another go- at something less elaborate!

Julia3000 Wed 29-Dec-10 18:59:13

How old is he? She's got him twisted around her finger already!

cece Wed 29-Dec-10 19:04:11

I agree, think messy hair and smart suit can look good. All depends on the overall effect.

Long haired adonis in suit look or long haired teenage hair in a suit.... They give a very different effect. grin

But maybe a descrete pony tail would look fine.

MrsBogangles Wed 29-Dec-10 19:10:00

He's 16.
I think I'll wait to what else his girlfriend comes up with- but I'm guessing he'll want to go for the ponytail

cece Wed 29-Dec-10 19:11:37

Ah so maybe more the teenage long hair look.... smile (or maybe not! don't want to assume!)

MrsBogangles Wed 29-Dec-10 19:15:11

It's just long and fairly straight. It's past his shoullders and he tends not to brush it- so the "teenage long hair look" is right..

MrsBogangles Wed 29-Dec-10 19:36:05

Another go- he's now got a high ponytail with ringlets hanging down (she's been at my curling wand) He's not really enjoying it much (I think!)- she's having a whale of a time!
She's promised that she'll find something he'll find acceptable soon!

MrsBogangles Wed 29-Dec-10 20:34:49

She's now doing it properly, and I've sen a simple low ponytail, secured with just a band; a low ponytail secured with plain dark blue ribbon(his sister didn't have any black to lend her); and a simple plait, starting low down.
I think the ponytail with the band isn't really "wedding" enough.
I like the plait, but his girlfriend prefers the ponytail with ribbon.

Julia3000 Wed 29-Dec-10 21:40:11

I'd go for the plait as well- if he'll do it!

Why not mix the two- plait fastened with ribbongrin!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now