Talk

Advanced search

Messy hair

(18 Posts)
MrsBogangles Tue 28-Dec-10 19:50:34

My son is an usher at a wedding and will be wearing a smart suit. Unfortunately, he wears his hair quite long, and generally messy. I think he should make an effort to tidy it up but he refuses to get it cut. Thoughts?

MrsBogangles Tue 28-Dec-10 20:03:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MyNameIsWendy Tue 28-Dec-10 20:26:36

Either he get's it tidied up, or wears it tied back in a neat ponytail or plait (held with ribbon grin!)

southeastastra Tue 28-Dec-10 20:28:18

yes just tie it back

MyNameIsWendy Wed 29-Dec-10 08:05:14

Seriously, if you can get him to go the one step further- it could lok great. Just tied back with a band, would be an improvement- but a very neat plait, from the back of the neck wpuld look really smart- and not at all "girly". Otherwise, tied back in a low ponytail, with a piece of plain black ribbon would look good too. If he wants to have long hair- he needs to realise he has to make an effort sometimes with it.

MrsBogangles Wed 29-Dec-10 17:55:29

I mentioned this whilst his girlfriend was around- she thinks its a great idea and has told me she'll decide! I'll leave her to it- he'll listen to her!

Julia3000 Wed 29-Dec-10 18:06:15

I'm loving the idea of a plait!

PawPuss Wed 29-Dec-10 18:06:42

I think messy hair and suits look great together grin

MrsBogangles Wed 29-Dec-10 18:11:24

Don't say that- that's the last thing I want hear!

MrsBogangles Wed 29-Dec-10 18:40:45

His girlfriend has just shown me her handy work- and I must say she's done a beutiful job putting it into a really neat plait. I think she's got carried away though, as he's now got a french plait from the top of his head- not really what I was expecting. She's enjoyed herself though- and he looks very embaressed! She's promised to have another go- at something less elaborate!

Julia3000 Wed 29-Dec-10 18:59:13

How old is he? She's got him twisted around her finger already!

cece Wed 29-Dec-10 19:04:11

I agree, think messy hair and smart suit can look good. All depends on the overall effect.

Long haired adonis in suit look or long haired teenage hair in a suit.... They give a very different effect. grin

But maybe a descrete pony tail would look fine.

MrsBogangles Wed 29-Dec-10 19:10:00

He's 16.
I think I'll wait to what else his girlfriend comes up with- but I'm guessing he'll want to go for the ponytail

cece Wed 29-Dec-10 19:11:37

Ah so maybe more the teenage long hair look.... smile (or maybe not! don't want to assume!)

MrsBogangles Wed 29-Dec-10 19:15:11

It's just long and fairly straight. It's past his shoullders and he tends not to brush it- so the "teenage long hair look" is right..

MrsBogangles Wed 29-Dec-10 19:36:05

Another go- he's now got a high ponytail with ringlets hanging down (she's been at my curling wand) He's not really enjoying it much (I think!)- she's having a whale of a time!
She's promised that she'll find something he'll find acceptable soon!

MrsBogangles Wed 29-Dec-10 20:34:49

She's now doing it properly, and I've sen a simple low ponytail, secured with just a band; a low ponytail secured with plain dark blue ribbon(his sister didn't have any black to lend her); and a simple plait, starting low down.
I think the ponytail with the band isn't really "wedding" enough.
I like the plait, but his girlfriend prefers the ponytail with ribbon.

Julia3000 Wed 29-Dec-10 21:40:11

I'd go for the plait as well- if he'll do it!

Why not mix the two- plait fastened with ribbongrin!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: