Talk

Advanced search

Flying from Luton 7am Sunday morning. Anyone know likelihood of cancellation / delays

(7 Posts)
peoplepleaser1 Sat 28-Sep-19 07:56:21

I'm due to fly to Cyprus tomorrow (Sunday) morning at 7am. The forecast looks pretty horrendous.

I'm assuming that during rain and high winds the planes won't take off?

I'm not an experienced traveller and hoped someone might be able to tell me how this might all work? Would the flight get cancelled altogether?

TweenageAngst Sat 28-Sep-19 08:02:23

My forecast for Luton says rain and a moderate breeze. Unless this changes radically your plane will depart

Thunderpunt Sat 28-Sep-19 08:05:26

Slightly off topic but if you're flying easyJet and have to do bag drop, allow plenty of time. We flew 2 Sunday's ago and were there at 5am. The queue for bag drop was practically back to Stevenage confused
Have a good time and hope weather is nicer where you're heading!

squashyhat Sat 28-Sep-19 08:09:35

It depends on the size of the plane but they are all very robust and any crosswinds would have to be pretty strong to affect take off. It will very soon get above whatever weather is about and out into the sunshine.

RainOrSun Sat 28-Sep-19 08:10:53

Proper storm type conditions to cause much of an impact.
Enjoy your holiday.

GloriaSmud Sat 28-Sep-19 08:54:07

I think your flight is going to be OK - it isn't really looking that bad at the moment for the wind/rain to cause problems.

It's looking pretty decent weather-wise in Cyprus at the moment!

peoplepleaser1 Sat 28-Sep-19 20:54:16

Thank you all so so much for the reassurance. Mumsnet is wonderful.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »