Talk

Advanced search

Total lunar eclipse and Supermoon tonight

(9 Posts)
Steamfan Mon 21-Jan-19 11:02:38

I was out with the dog, and it was cloudy at first and then cleared - but "a blood red super moon" - erm - no - it was just bit brown and grubby looking!

Perihelion Mon 21-Jan-19 10:59:33

Not quite magi but she loves it and quiet ice training time is early. Have to say, we've seen some lovely star action and sunrises over Edinburgh castle.....( Wish I lived a wee bit closer to the rink, so I could just chuck her out the door grin )

magimedi Mon 21-Jan-19 09:32:25

Didn't see the sunrise as went back to bed.

Blimey, perihelion that's early!! Is she a budding Jane Torvill?

Perihelion Mon 21-Jan-19 09:21:19

Saw it through a wee bit of haze. Beautiful sunrise too. Didn't have to get up specially as am up at 5am on a Monday to take DD skating before school......very cold and frosty

magimedi Mon 21-Jan-19 08:01:57

Got up for a pee at 4.50am & saw it. Not blood red, more of a dusky pink but very odd. And the stars looked amazing.

Bloody cold here but no snow - hooray!

GloriaSmud Mon 21-Jan-19 06:24:05

I got up about 5.15 am to have a look and it's gone all cloudy ~ nothing to see here. sad
Hope others have had more luck.

GloriaSmud Sun 20-Jan-19 22:59:07

Oh that would be typical, wouldn't it? You wait ages for a lunar eclipse and then find you can't see it because of snow!
I might catch it at the end, between 5.30-6pm (if I'm awake early enough.)

magimedi Sun 20-Jan-19 22:26:23

I usually get up for a pee about 4.30 - 5.00 am so am planning on looking out & really hoping it isn't cloudy (or berluddy snowing!).

GloriaSmud Sun 20-Jan-19 20:01:35

Have to get up early for this one as the eclipse starts just after 2.30am, with totality from 4:41am – 5:43am and finishing time 7.48am, so might catch the end of it. It looks like they'll be broken cloud for a lot of the country but hopefully sky-watchers will get to see something.

More info here.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: