Talk

Advanced search

Met Office new weather site

(14 Posts)
OhYouBadBadKitten Fri 26-Oct-18 08:50:23

beta.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/forecast/u12gmt1fz#?date=2018-10-26

What do we think? Slightly strange layout, but they are clearly trying to convey more information.

GloriaSmud Fri 26-Oct-18 09:26:31

I think it looks like the BBC weather page, what with the arrows to see the next few hours/days.

Cheesecake53 Fri 26-Oct-18 09:45:22

I like it!

OhYouBadBadKitten Fri 26-Oct-18 10:17:50

It does Gloria! I never use the bbc page so hadn't noticed the similarities.

Justmuddlingalong Fri 26-Oct-18 11:19:31

Here are the forecasts for my town for the next couple of days. 😁😁

Sunny intervals. Noticeably gusty, with umbrellas becoming hard to use.

Clear changing to partly cloudy by nighttime. Gusts will make small trees sway, but it shouldn't blow you over.

suckonthatmaureen Fri 26-Oct-18 11:30:38

Just muddling Ive just checked online, and I think we live in the same town!! 🍁🍂

Justmuddlingalong Fri 26-Oct-18 11:35:40

Begins with L. By the sea?

suckonthatmaureen Fri 26-Oct-18 11:56:53

Hmmmm maybe, I live in a place beginning with W on a peninsula!

Justmuddlingalong Fri 26-Oct-18 12:04:04

Nope. No peninsula around here. Just a coincidence then.

GiantKitten Fri 26-Oct-18 12:09:02

It’s like the app, except on that you can’t see all the information at once, & you can only swipe one section at once (eg if you move to later temp information you still get early wind speed)

The other bits of data are way down the page.

If that’s going to be the future app layout I much prefer it!

OhYouBadBadKitten Fri 26-Oct-18 13:00:13

That's hilarious justmuddling!

Mine should say 'Despite all of the dire warnings, it's not that cold out there. One extra layer should suffice. Be aware rogue showers in the area.'

Justmuddlingalong Fri 26-Oct-18 13:11:45

I know. I like that kind of forecast, it's quite tongue in cheek. It should however had said, "a beautiful breezy and cold morning. But don't bother hanging your washing out, despite no rain forecast...it will rain." 😕

Perihelion Mon 29-Oct-18 13:27:15

I hate the BBC's layout.
My favourite is Net Weather. I like the use of colour, numerical amounts and words like torrential. And it reads down the way, rather than across for the time.

BalthazarImpresario Tue 30-Oct-18 07:42:32

I have those same weather comments about trees and umbrellas and I'm land locked in the south.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »