Talk

Advanced search

Loooong Lunar eclipse this Friday (27th)

(8 Posts)
GloriaSmud Mon 23-Jul-18 08:39:40

Bit of a special one as it'll be the longest one of the 21st Century.

Let's hope that the nice weather continues, we have clear skies and a good view for all.

magimedi Mon 23-Jul-18 08:46:23

I am really looking forward to this. Might make a picnic & go up on the Downs to watch.

(If it doesn't rain - HA!)

GloriaSmud Mon 23-Jul-18 08:56:40

That sounds lovely magimedi and an ideal spot to do a bit of 'eclipse-watching!'

SleepingStandingUp Mon 23-Jul-18 08:58:05

It's going to be frigging cloudy at the festival in going to.

FruOla Thu 26-Jul-18 16:51:22

Hi, magi <waves>

I also hope we can see it here in SW London! Unfortunately we don't have such a good 'lookout' area as you do! So I'll have to look for it over the neighbours rooftops/trees - although I do get a reasonably clear view, for a short period.

I just wish it would thunder and rain tonight - and even into tomorrow - but leaving the skies clear tomorrow night!!

<sweats profusely!>

ChilliPowderMild Thu 26-Jul-18 21:21:16

I might go up the top of Wye Downs to watch.
Or park in the 24 HR car park at St Mary's Bay, I think there's a high tide about 1am, perhaps a cooling dip is in order.

GloriaSmud Fri 27-Jul-18 21:01:36

Don't think Leicester's going to see much of this tonight as it's too cloudy sad

magimedi Fri 27-Jul-18 21:48:17

100% cloud cover here - (and no berluddy rain) - after all those days of clear sky.............. angry

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »