Talk

Advanced search

I need to make hay!

(11 Posts)
stayathomegardener Sun 17-Jun-18 19:12:24

Hi Gloria and Bad Kitten and thoughts on when we might get a run of 4-5 dry sunny days in NW England?

We are just outside Chester and the weather here has not matched the forecasts at all for the last few weeks.

Told DH Mumsnet would now be advising him on when to start cutting the hay as I keep getting it very wrong.
He seemed a little perplexed smile

GloriaSmud Mon 18-Jun-18 09:22:05

stay at home ~ I think the first part of this week is similar and there could be showers. From Thursday onwards, it's looking better and the chance of rain diminishes. Temps could reach 15-19C.
(From next Monday (although this is going waaaaay-ahead in the world of forecasting!), it's look really rather warm. From sort of your area southwards, temperatures could reach the low-mid 20s.)

stayathomegardener Mon 18-Jun-18 09:35:55

Thanks Gloria,
I will tell him mumsnet said no hay this week.

stayathomegardener Thu 21-Jun-18 08:39:24

Forecast looks amazing. Do you think it is correct?

GloriaSmud Thu 21-Jun-18 10:53:56

I'd say that's about right, stayathome. Might be the chance of the odd thundery shower but otherwise, looks like you'll be able to 'make hay while the sun shines!'
grin

GloriaSmud Thu 21-Jun-18 10:55:30

Metoffice Outlook thinks you'll probably be OK as well...

UK Outlook for Monday 25 Jun 2018 to Wednesday 4 Jul 2018:

The final week of June will see plenty of dry and sunny weather across most of the UK, with only the far north and northwest seeing cloudier skies at times, with occasional rain. With the fine weather, temperatures will continue to rise for all parts, but especially so in the south where it could turn hot. The heat may spark an isolated thunderstorm although the majority will stay dry. As we head into the start of July confidence reduces, but most areas should continue to see plenty of fine, sunny and very warm weather. Northern and some western areas may begin to see cloudier conditions pushing in with the chance of some rain and stronger winds.

Whatthefoxgoingon Thu 21-Jun-18 13:45:08

Oh Gloria you beat me to it, I’ve always wanted to trot out that make hay line grin

GloriaSmud Thu 21-Jun-18 13:51:00

grin

stayathomegardener Thu 21-Jun-18 16:59:12

Thanks Gloria.
DH is cutting as I type. smile

GloriaSmud Fri 22-Jun-18 11:27:06

Glad he's been able to get going on it!

stayathomegardener Mon 23-Jul-18 22:22:03

Ok just in case I triggered something.
Hay is sorted and you can turn the sunshine off now.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: