Talk

Advanced search

Thunderstorm watch

(387 Posts)
OhYouBadBadKitten Fri 20-Apr-18 20:40:58

To complement the Summer weather thread.

Tomorrow could see some thunderstorms in places across England, but by tomorrow evening, the main area of risk appears to be in the central southern areas (revised forecast from earlier) , where frequent lightning and small hail could form in any storms that evolve.

TheClitterati Wed 06-Jun-18 23:02:38

Lots of thunder here on south Kent coast. No lightning though!!! Must be echoing in from the Channel?

TheClitterati Wed 06-Jun-18 23:15:29

Here we go. Cracking thunder, lightning and heavy rain now! South Kent!

Whatthefoxgoingon Wed 06-Jun-18 23:18:09

Send some our way clitterati

My indoor temp is currently 24 deg, so we are definitely absorbing a significant amount of heat during the day to stay this warm at 11pm (its 18 deg outside now).

Yes lighthouse we are in London, built up area so I think we are in general, hotter (and not in a good way). Bleurgh

TheClitterati Wed 06-Jun-18 23:35:45

It's gone now - heading north I reckon.

LighthouseSouth Thu 07-Jun-18 11:55:18

Fox, yes, same issue here.

No sign of a storm.

SoleBizzz Fri 27-Jul-18 15:10:18

Was 31 degrees here in brum earlier as were sat outside of a 600 year old manor house eating cream tea in Birmingham.

We are supposed to be having thunder tonight,so they say!

TheClitterati Fri 27-Jul-18 20:28:32

⚡️⛈⚡️⛈⚡️⛈ in SE Kent. Preceded by some very bad ass mini tornado flurries.

TheFutureMrsB Sat 28-Jul-18 03:41:23

Big thunder storm in South Wales at the moment, absolutely pouring with rain. Blew the bedroom window wide open and made a heavy glass vase fall to the floor! Soon woke me up shockgrin

Feels nice and fresh already though.

OhYouBadBadKitten Sat 28-Jul-18 14:23:59

Amber warnings for thunderstorm in Northern Ireland this afternoon.
www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings#?date=2018-07-28

GloriaSmud Sat 28-Jul-18 18:20:57

We've finally had a decent amount of rain here along with a few good rumbles of thunder. The temperature's dropped even further ~ down to 13C. It's actually rather chilly and a bit of a shock to the system!

OhYouBadBadKitten Sat 28-Jul-18 22:01:34

We've only had 5mm of rain. I'm hoping for a lot more tomorrow.

BlackeyedSusan Sun 29-Jul-18 00:17:25

boots leak like sieves... I may as well have gone out in socks.

but we had rain. I think the grass is looking greener already, though that may just be washing the dust off after weeks of little rain. (a few dops here and there)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »