Talk

Advanced search

Weather Stations?

(5 Posts)
bookbook Fri 28-Oct-16 09:58:49

posted this in chat, and didn't realise there was a weather topic!
so:-
Can anyone recommend a weather station with a digital display for inside - thats not eye wateringly expensive.
We bought a cheap ( well £40 in the sale) one from Amazon , as a retirement gift to ourselves last year, and after less than 18 months, the rain gauge has stopped working, and even changing the battery hasn't helped. ( DH has also taken it down, cleaned and checked everything)
I have enjoyed it immensely as I garden, and a bit cross on the poor longevity of it. (It has 1 year warranty) Looking at reviews, it seems a common problem , and it doesn't seem to matter how much you pay.
So - can anyone help/recommend ?

lljkk Fri 28-Oct-16 10:13:47

I think ours is from Maplin. Has lasted > 2 yrs so far.

bookbook Fri 28-Oct-16 10:50:48

This one was sold by Maplin , via Amazon ! Did wonder if we could whine smile

OhYouBadBadKitten Sat 29-Oct-16 22:52:24

mine is long lasting, but you really don't want to pay what I did grin

out of the cheapies I think oregon are ok. I'd not bother with an anemometer unless it can be mounted seperately and preferably above roof line.

bookbook Sun 30-Oct-16 08:29:24

smile - we did look at Oregon and Bresser ( the Bresser more due to the fact it has a 5 year warranty as much as any other reason) . Not one seems to get many stars in the reviews though. It almost seems pot luck!
Thank you on the tip about the anemometer

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now