We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anyone put their heating on yet?

(45 Posts)
user1473371059 Sun 02-Oct-16 18:20:22

Feeling a little chilly this evening, but being the tight Scot that I am, I'm resisting putting the heating on!

Anyone else caved in and just gone for it yet? Can't believe it's October already...

ineedamoreadultieradult Sun 02-Oct-16 18:22:59

North east England here and we are aiming for no heating until at least November 1st. We have blankets on the sofa for snuggling and put our pj's and dressing gowns on as soon as we are all in for the evening. Also lighting a few candles gives the illusion of heat.

sonlypuppyfat Sun 02-Oct-16 18:23:21

No way I'm not a soft bastard

DelphiniumBlue Sun 02-Oct-16 18:23:24

It is October, therefore heating is officially allowed.
I've just this minute turned on mine for the first time this autumn. And I'm a lot further south than you!

LolaStarr Sun 02-Oct-16 18:23:50

Yep mines been on for the last couple of days. I'm in Cumbria

useyourimagination Sun 02-Oct-16 18:24:12

Haven't put the heating on yet but did light the fire last night for the first time. It got very warm, very quickly so probably didn't really need it but I love to watch the flames.

Helpisathand13 Sun 02-Oct-16 18:24:15

Yes I am afraid I have succumbed. Three nights during this last week I have put the heating on for a couple of hours and dare I confess to also a quick blast of the electric blanket before I go to bed!(hides face in shame)😪

GissASquizz Sun 02-Oct-16 18:25:32

Mine's on. Thermostat controlled so only kicks in if we drop below 18c. It's been on the last few mornings.

americaandhawaii Sun 02-Oct-16 18:25:42

I am South and mine is on, it is going down to 4 degrees tonight, that is pretty chilly although I won't have the heat on overnight.

I understand it if you can't afford it but just holding out for the sake of it is a bit martyrish imo.

Costacoffeeplease Sun 02-Oct-16 18:26:17

Still got the aircon on here (Algarve)

Whisky2014 Sun 02-Oct-16 18:26:53

North east scotland. I've had it on a couple days then off then on. Weather can't make up its mind!

GeorgeTheThird Sun 02-Oct-16 18:26:56

Yup. It's lovely. .

Runwayqueen Sun 02-Oct-16 18:28:42

I'm south Devon and seriously contemplating putting on. My house is lovely and cool in the summer but come winter it's freezing

ineedamoreadultieradult Sun 02-Oct-16 18:34:15

Oh based on these replies I'm looking at DS6 sitting in our unheated house on the North East coast in his T-shirt and shorts and wondering if we have a slightly squiffy sense of what cold is!

RoganJosh Sun 02-Oct-16 18:35:27

Ours is on a thermostat and has kicked in a few times over the last week.

TitaniasTits Sun 02-Oct-16 18:35:56

Good lord, yes, and I'm in the SE. I like it to be cosy.

EllenDegenerate Sun 02-Oct-16 18:37:45

I live on the banks of the Mersey, a stones throw from the river and I've had my windows and back door open today.
I threw the duvet off the bed last night as I was too hot!

I put the heating on when it's needed but it's still extremely warm here smile

DoYouRememberJustinBobby Sun 02-Oct-16 18:38:04

We put it on for half an hour the other day so we could check everything was running and bleed the radiators but that has been it. Probably half an hour once a week until Decemeber (unless we have a really cold snap) just to make sure our boiler decides to behave.
We have blankets, socks and jumpers, it's nowhere near cold enough for heating here yet.

vvmama92 Sun 02-Oct-16 18:43:07

Wait, heating isn't allowed until November, right?! We have definitely pulled out the blankets, dressing gowns and slipper socks this week though!

DP (don't live together)'s house is like a sauna already though....wimpy southerner.

GloriaSmud Sun 02-Oct-16 19:28:07

East Midlands here - I almost put the heating on yesterday when it was cold, wet and miserable but didn't. Hope to hold out for a few more weeks unless it gets really cold.

GizmoFrisby Sun 02-Oct-16 19:34:18

Mines been on a few days here and there, Cumbria here. I've had my log burner on too. blush

AbiBranning Sun 02-Oct-16 19:34:26

As the house was blooming cold I've put it on, but DH walked in asking if I am trying to boil him. As I'm still cold thought I better see if it's just me and have a temperature of 38.7 so I think it's just me that's cold.blush still want to get warm am now in bed with winter duvet and blanket.

pollyblack Sun 02-Oct-16 19:41:59

Never understand people's resistance to putting the heating on. I'm in Scotland and have used it a load of times over the summer, in the evening or to dry clothes when it's rainy. If i'm cold, I'll put it on confused

Fairylea Sun 02-Oct-16 19:45:01

I guess for a lot of people heating is expensive, that's why it's a big deal and talked about a lot. We haven't put ours on yet, I'm holding off as long as possible for the sake of the cost!

ImSoTakei Sun 02-Oct-16 19:46:44

Nope. Manchester.

Have started wearing a big wooly cardi round the house though and am to primarni tomorrowto invest in fleece onesies and dressing gowns for kids.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now