Talk

Advanced search

rain warnings galore :(

(14 Posts)
OhYouBadBadKitten Mon 13-Jun-16 18:25:45

lots of rain warnings for the next 3 days. Man the life boats!

notsomanky Mon 13-Jun-16 18:26:27

<squelch>

BlackeyedSusan Mon 13-Jun-16 23:56:15

<drip>

OhYouBadBadKitten Tue 14-Jun-16 08:17:57

certainly drippy this morning.

I don't mind some levels of rain. I do mind the weeds shooting up faster can be dealt with at this point!

notsomanky Tue 14-Jun-16 10:17:02

No cricket matches this week!

Or side on Manchester is just sodden, but some areas of South Manchester and Cheshire have had real issues with flash flooding.

SweetPeaPods Tue 14-Jun-16 20:47:32

We're in Wiltshire for a few days visiting family. Was hoping to go to safari park at Longleat at some point. Looking like a wash out. Need to decide whether we risk it and go tomorrow or gamble on Friday?!
Not been as bad today as we were expect

OhYouBadBadKitten Wed 15-Jun-16 07:43:02

sweet pea, at the moment, I'd say the best day is today, you will probably get some showers, but I'd say that at the moment the probability looks the lowest. Impossible to tell for sure though.

At this time of year, unless continuous heavy rain is predicted I don't change plans, because often the period between showers is pleasant and forecasts can make it look worse than it actually is.

lovestea Thu 16-Jun-16 19:49:52

We had an almost biblical thunderstorm yesterday here in Oxfordshire, another short lived one this afternoon, and now it's back again this evening. Rain like stair rods! My poor garden and allotment are taking a beating.

notsomanky Thu 16-Jun-16 21:24:29

These storms are so localised! Today Manchester City centre was ankle deep in water on Market Street, and the cricket at Old Trafford was abandoned due to flooding from storms. But we never heard a thing herr and it'd actually been dry all afternoon, if very grey and cloudy.

SweetPeaPods Thu 16-Jun-16 22:04:54

Well this morning was much better than forecast here. The sun came out and everything! Very heavy rain shower this pm though it was forecast. Ground is very wet here

BeachysSandyFlipFlops Fri 17-Jun-16 17:34:49

South coast here, so many thunderstorms rolling along the coast for the last three hours and lots of localised flooding.....telly keeps going off smile

BlackeyedSusan Sat 18-Jun-16 07:18:22

we have had the odd rumble on and off all week. quite a bit of rain at different points too. nothing really spectacular, thankfully. dd is too scared. ex probably has fingernail marks in his arm still from last sundays contact when a bright flash went off suddenly nearby.

Goingtobeawesome Sat 18-Jun-16 07:21:28

Heavy rain, massive puddles, thunder and a power cut was our weather experience yesterday. The traffic lights were out too in places.

Tinklypoo Sat 18-Jun-16 07:26:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now