Talk

Advanced search

In coming thunderstorms

(31 Posts)
OhYouBadBadKitten Tue 07-Jun-16 18:56:47

Sorry that this is a bit belated, as usual at the moment, I'm running behind in life!

Some interesting radar returns over in northern France showing a really good sized thunder storm, along with a storm north of London at the moment.

I think they may follow met ofice warning area quite well, though I might put the storms a bit more northerly than they show, affecting Essex and Cambridgshire.
Storms also seem to be starting to form in the Welsh borders area and perhaps in the top end of Surrey, hard to see what is happening with them.

OhYouBadBadKitten Tue 07-Jun-16 18:59:49

I'm definitely behind for you north London peeps I think, sorry, I was working!

The storm over France and Belgium look absolutely enormous, really really severe - it isnt coming our way.

OhYouBadBadKitten Tue 07-Jun-16 19:20:26

bumpy bumpy, we just have sweaty rain here.

Buggers Tue 07-Jun-16 19:23:42

Nothing happening in Essex at moment. I love a thunderstorm but I don't want it to take away the lovely weather we've been having!!

indyandlara Tue 07-Jun-16 19:26:04

In Scotland. Our school was flooded today. My classroom is absolutely trashed sad

NapQueen Tue 07-Jun-16 19:27:10

Newcastle here and still warm sunny and dry. I've got to drive home from work at 11pm so no doubt we will be mid downpour then

Buggers Tue 07-Jun-16 19:27:20

Sorry to hear that sad. How is the weather in Scotland now?

PointlessUsername Tue 07-Jun-16 19:29:53

Some rumbles of thunder earlier today in NW London. Nothing since.

Shame as I Love a storm. It's really muggy weather so could use a good downpour.

lordStrange Tue 07-Jun-16 19:30:15

I'm sorry Indy sad.

We had some rumbles at around 3pm, SE Kent. Thought that was it?

toomanyeasterbunnies Tue 07-Jun-16 19:30:22

We were caught up in the south London floods today. Never seen rain like it. We are on top of the hill and it was like a river running past us. Our DC's school is at the bottom of the hill and is closed tomorrow.

OYBBK - are there any more storms forecast on the London\Surrey borders overnight?

StealthPolarBear Tue 07-Jun-16 19:31:35

Ne England we had thunder and rain about 3pm

poocatcherchampion Tue 07-Jun-16 19:31:42

Just started raining in Bromsgrove. I've been thinking the neighbor's were putting the bins out for ages earlier but it was thunder...

Janefromdowntheroad Tue 07-Jun-16 19:33:39

Very muggy in Essex, not a breath of wind

AnchorDownDeepBreath Tue 07-Jun-16 19:35:31

Lovely still in the West Mids. I really don't want rain... The lovely weather has made everyone so happy!

donajimena Tue 07-Jun-16 19:42:21

Gorgeous in SE Wales I also love a good thunderstorm but I have washing out..

schbittery Tue 07-Jun-16 19:51:36

also caight in the S London/Surrey chaos today, absolute chaos and bedlam, never seen anything like it. Our back garden id flooded (despite living on top of a hill!) but no other issues luckily, others not so lucky round here. Is there nore coming tomorrow? If so im staying at home!

indyandlara Tue 07-Jun-16 20:59:13

Dry and warm now. Still very muggy. No sign of the hailstones and torrential rain of this afternoon.

OhYouBadBadKitten Tue 07-Jun-16 21:06:31

possibly more tonight toomany.
I've just seen some pics of today's flooding. shock that was certainly a rather impressive deluge!

I think storms are less likely tomorrow.

Sallycinnamum Tue 07-Jun-16 21:13:07

I'm in Essex and it's muggy and completely still. It feels like a massive storm is brewing.

RatOnnaStick Tue 07-Jun-16 21:17:38

Sort of passing us by in our village in S Kent. DH had a big storm overhead about 6-7 miles away earlier but all we got was light rain and some vague rumbles. Ds1 (5) is mightily disappointed. lightningmaps.org shows it heading off the coast of Dymchurch now.

GonnaDoItAnyway Tue 07-Jun-16 21:20:22

Wallington, Surrey.

No more rain please...the stairwell in the flats was a waterfall and there is silt from the gutters all over. Tell me we have time to dry out before the next drop.

Getting home from work...I gave up and waded through many 'puddles'.

MessyBun247 Tue 07-Jun-16 21:20:24

In Lisburn, Northern Ireland here. Lots of heavy rain and thunder and lightening today, very warm though.

A man and his 2 young kids got struck by lightening just outside one of the local primary schools this afternoon sad All in critical condition. Very scary.

OhYouBadBadKitten Tue 07-Jun-16 21:36:31

oh awful messyburn sad

lordStrange Tue 07-Jun-16 22:17:15

Farrrk! Here she is!

imnottoofussed Tue 07-Jun-16 22:21:42

Have a look on lightningmaps.org I got addicted to watching the dots approaching last year and then trying to film from my upstairs windows

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now