Talk

Advanced search

Easter weather?

(61 Posts)
leesmum Tue 08-Mar-16 19:49:58

Any ideas yet for the Easter weekend? hoping it warms up a bit for the Easter Egg Hunt smile

OhYouBadBadKitten Wed 09-Mar-16 10:09:09

Good Friday is just at the end of the models today. It looks pretty cold and damp at the moment, but there is loads of time for that to change!

leesmum Wed 09-Mar-16 22:32:57

Thanks Kitten flowers

Imnotaslimjim Wed 09-Mar-16 22:49:46

Hoping it warms up a bit, I've just booked to go camping!

Imnotaslimjim Wed 09-Mar-16 22:49:48

Hoping it warms up a bit, I've just booked to go camping!

hillbilly Mon 14-Mar-16 11:45:46

It must be almost camping season as this is the first time this year I have looks at the weather threads grin

Keeping an eye on SE weather for the Easter holidays so any updates welcome!

VertigoNun Mon 14-Mar-16 11:47:28

As long as there is no snow or rain I am happy.

PestoSkiissimos Mon 14-Mar-16 11:47:49

I don't care, I shall be off skiing grin

OhYouBadBadKitten Tue 15-Mar-16 08:43:09

Models are fairly consistent showing settled weather. The question will be how cloudy and how warm really. It depends on the position of the high pressure. Today's run shows a chilly Good Friday, A pleasant Easter Saturday and Easter Sunday, then the high being pushed away and a deteriorating Easter Monday.

Imnotaslimjim Tue 15-Mar-16 09:20:36

Thanks kitten

leesmum Tue 15-Mar-16 22:34:53

Thank you Kitten flowers

OhYouBadBadKitten Wed 16-Mar-16 08:51:28

<sticks fingers up at latest gfs model run> you bastard.

GloriaSmud Wed 16-Mar-16 09:39:00

Well that's all changed since yesterday and not very Easter/Spring-like.
<joins in with rude hand gestures>

hillbilly Wed 16-Mar-16 11:24:20

Thanks!

BalthazarImpresario Wed 16-Mar-16 15:52:26

Holding hope that the by the week after easter /beginning of April is a little more pleasant or at least a bit dry down on the south coast.

Imnotaslimjim Wed 16-Mar-16 16:49:48

This is not news I want to hear......

OhYouBadBadKitten Fri 18-Mar-16 08:31:38

According to gfs this morning.

Good Friday: Looks pretty nice for many, but I wouldn't place much confidence in that. Fairly warm and dry, but frontal systems close by could ruin it.

Easter Saturday - totally pants. low pressure means wet.

Easter Sunday - wet.

Easter Monday - damp.

Tentative signs of improvement a week later.

TheWoollybacksWife Fri 18-Mar-16 08:43:56

Oh bollocks grin

Big family wedding on Easter Saturday. My lovely perky fascinator is going to look like a bedraggled pink duck isn't it? Poo.

Wellies and raincoats needed for the Easter egg hunt - I'll be watching that from the right side of the patio doors, then.

OhYouBadBadKitten Fri 18-Mar-16 08:45:37

hopefully it will change again. We've got a week yet.

Imnotaslimjim Fri 18-Mar-16 09:20:44

At least I'm in a caravan, not a tent sad and I don't have a dog that we'll get stuck indoors with. We've done the 2 adults, 2 kids and a huge rottie in a 4 berth van, its not great!

BalthazarImpresario Fri 18-Mar-16 20:38:23

Never been so happy to work in retail than on rainy bank holidays. I was hoping for a nice easter Sunday though Fingers crossed for better weather in weymouth area from the 4th!!

SideOrderofChip Sun 20-Mar-16 13:15:59

Im just hoping that its nice on the 2nd of april

Seeing as im on a ferry for 9 hours over night with a DH and DD1 who get sea sick/...

OhYouBadBadKitten Mon 21-Mar-16 13:42:28

According to gfs:

Good Friday: Looks quite a nice day still. Cool though.

Easter Saturday - Make the most of any dry period in the morning, rain sweeping the country by the afternoon. Looking pretty mild though, some nice temps in any sunshine in England and Wales.

Easter Sunday - Quite a mixed bag possible, but some heavy rain later on.

Easter Monday - showery.

Some frosts possible at the beginning of April, even in the far south. Don't go mad and plant our tender stuff yet!

Imnotaslimjim Mon 21-Mar-16 17:56:07

Thanks Kitten. Hoping that'll change cos it means I'll be packing the awning in the rain sad

OhYouBadBadKitten Wed 23-Mar-16 10:39:27

All you campers - peg down your tents well.

Good Friday: Looks quite a nice day still. Cool though.

Easter Saturday - Make the most of any dry period in the morning, rain sweeping the country by the afternoon. Looking pretty mild though. rather windy especially in the south

Easter Sunday - Showers moving east, becoming heavy and prolonged. pretty windy especially in the south.

Easter Monday - showery. quite windy.

poo.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now