Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Gale warnings for mid september.

(12 Posts)
OhYouBadBadKitten Mon 14-Sep-15 17:00:14

Really rushed, but will come back a bit later to post properly. Some windy stuff tonight, more potential thursday.

met office

back later for proper update smile

OhYouBadBadKitten Mon 14-Sep-15 17:01:46

tonight=this evening. argh.

WotNoLoobrush Mon 14-Sep-15 18:27:44

Autumn certainly isn't wasting any time this year is it?

SideOrderofChips Mon 14-Sep-15 19:41:44

I had to chase the fucking play house accross the garden this morning at 37 weeks pregnant.

Wouldnt ahve been so bad but the bastard thing escaped again and i found it by the back gate when i got back in where it had beaten up the garden table too!

OhYouBadBadKitten Mon 14-Sep-15 19:49:42

nightmare sideorder!

Might be some gusts 60 through the channel around Dover as we say goodbye to todays little low.

The Wednesday Thursday low is being a bit tricksy to forecast. As we get more forecast info I will update, but if I'm totally honest it probably wont be until tomorrow evening. It doesnt necessarily look terribly bad, but windy, wet and thunderstorms are in the mix.

Autumn is here. A slight pity, I prefer it in October.

SideOrderofChips Tue 15-Sep-15 18:55:04

Ah you have to love Jersey!

GloriaSmud Tue 15-Sep-15 19:56:21

I guess it's no surprise that the met office have issued a weather warning for heavy rain, tomorrow into Thursday.

BlackeyedSusan Tue 15-Sep-15 22:03:43

there was a doozy of a rainstorm tonight. a meeting inschool and rain on the roof. and playground running with water.

GloriaSmud Wed 16-Sep-15 11:59:54

Sunny spells at the moment here (Leicester) ~ our rain's forecast from 4pm. Raintoday is showing some wet stuff coming up from the south at the moment.
In case of storms later, livelightning and netweather's lightning detector.

NickAngel Wed 16-Sep-15 14:34:06

Raining in cambs but not much, wind has dropped too.

GloriaSmud Wed 16-Sep-15 16:06:08

Got quite dark and blustery here. Temperature's dropped a little ~ was 16.4C at 1.10pm and it's now 15.1C

RatOnnaStick Wed 16-Sep-15 16:13:15

DS1 was in shorts and tshirt last friday at his birthday party. I don't think we've had a rain or wind-free day since then. We've gone from summer to november weather in less than a week. At least its not too cold yet.

Ds's school sits on the top of a valley and all the toddlers waiting in the playground for their older siblings are getting blown over into puddles. They think its hilarious of course.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now