Talk

Advanced search

Weather warnings for tomorrow.

(46 Posts)
OhYouBadBadKitten Thu 23-Jul-15 19:54:06

mn and my ipad are not very compatible today. Keeps wiping out what I write ehen I switch tabs grrr.

Tomorrows low looks increasingly nasty with up to 60mm of rain possible in some places in the south. Will post the warnings in a sec.

OhYouBadBadKitten Thu 23-Jul-15 19:55:31

here you go

totally dire!

IrenetheQuaint Thu 23-Jul-15 19:57:26

Ugh! Will Saturday be OK? I am hoping to go walking on the South Downs.

PestoSwimissimos Thu 23-Jul-15 19:59:25

It's so depressing, I manage 2 afternoons in the pool & then it's a flipping wash-out - grrr!!!

PestoSwimissimos Thu 23-Jul-15 20:02:27

Irene, I live on the South Downs & it looks like the Saturday morning will be ok but then rain is forecast at midday but my local weather shows the sun out again by 4.00pm. Maybe a good idea to take refuge in a nice country pub at lunchtime till it clears....? wink grin

OhYouBadBadKitten Thu 23-Jul-15 20:06:23

There is a small, but not negligible chance that rainfall totals may be much higher for some. With strong winds forecast too it could be pretty disruptive tomorrow.

OhYouBadBadKitten Thu 23-Jul-15 20:08:26

saturday looks reasonable, cool and maybe a little damp, then more rain moves in Sunday.

PestoSwimissimos Thu 23-Jul-15 20:11:04

At least I took the recycling bins in this afternoon, usually when we have gales forecast the bin men are taking industrial action and everything is blown across our South Downs National Park for miles around.... hmm

<<grateful for small mercies>>

MeganChips Thu 23-Jul-15 20:11:54

I was supposed to be camping this weekend, I've cancelled it.

Looks atrocious here on the south coast.

PestoSwimissimos Thu 23-Jul-15 20:17:36

<<shuffles off to put parasol down>>

IrenetheQuaint Thu 23-Jul-15 21:29:12

Thanks OYBBK and Pesto. I will brave it, but try to locate a pub for shelter if necessary!

Moodykat Thu 23-Jul-15 22:26:10

So camping on beach opposite Isle of Wight not a great idea tomorrow night then?!

OhYouBadBadKitten Thu 23-Jul-15 22:31:11

It will not be boring!

Moodykat Thu 23-Jul-15 22:49:08

Don't say that!! I'm crossing everything that it's not going to be that bad!

YeOldeTrout Thu 23-Jul-15 22:49:51

Oh blooming heck, I didn't want to drive to work, but don't want to get sodden cycling home either. Oh well.

GloriaSmud Fri 24-Jul-15 08:10:11

Fairly bright start here (Leicester) with almost a hint of sun about an hour ago but now it's overcast and feels a chilly 14.9C. Rain forecast to arrive about 10am and last most of the day ~ I forecast a 'duvet day' for us!

OhYouBadBadKitten Fri 24-Jul-15 08:14:11

The worst of the rain I think will be through East Anglia. There may be some thunderstorms later too, but the real issue will be the high rainfall totals.

MirandaWest Fri 24-Jul-15 08:16:53

I'm driving from York down to Cambridgeshire about 5:30pm tonight. Sounds like it will be a bit wet.

RatOnnaStick Fri 24-Jul-15 08:20:51

Oh this explains why the combine harvester and grain tractors were still working in the distance at 3 this morning on the Romney Marsh.

meglet Fri 24-Jul-15 08:26:56

not raining yet in North Hampshire.

The gardens will be happy with a drenching, even though I won't. The old blokes at the allotment were muttering about it being arid earlier this week.

OhYouBadBadKitten Fri 24-Jul-15 09:25:35

Probably Miranda!

Where the highest rainfall totals will be is still predicted differently in different models. Some where in the SE!

Going to crack on with my work in a few minutes and then I can have a lazy afternoon with the ps3 knowing that theres no point in thinking about going outside smile

GloriaSmud Fri 24-Jul-15 10:05:55

Just started raining here.
Rain showing up nicely on raintoday with a great splodge over Devon/Cornwall at the moment.

PestoSwimissimos Fri 24-Jul-15 10:44:16

Just very cool & overcast here on outskirts of Brighton. It has rained a little but not a lot. It now just feels like the calm before the storm.

PestoSwimissimos Fri 24-Jul-15 11:02:50

Update: raining lightly now

OhYouBadBadKitten Fri 24-Jul-15 11:17:11

updated warnings with the met office now saying that some places may see more than 70mm of rain.
This level would be enough to cause significant surface flooding.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now