Talk

Advanced search

Forecast for next weekend forecast to be a bit bonkersly hot.

(120 Posts)
OhYouBadBadKitten Sat 30-May-15 21:33:26

Thats a technical term dont you know.

Just looked at the latest gfs. ermm. 30C is shown for Saturday. Potential for some decent thunderstorms too. It looks to start warming up on thursday. Cooler on Sunday.

Going to be quite a shock after the cool run we've had if it actually happens. I'm not sure it will tbh.

OhYouBadBadKitten Sat 30-May-15 21:34:50

ah, ermm, sorry about the gone wrong title. In my defence i have a really stinky cold and I was a bit overly keep to share the forecast quickly.

leccybill Sat 30-May-15 21:36:54

Hope so. We're off to central London for the weekend, and after weeks of rain oop north, it'll be most welcome.

OhYouBadBadKitten Sat 30-May-15 22:05:59

If it comes off Id take plenty of water on the underground!

pasbeaucoupdegendarme Sat 30-May-15 22:15:25

This bodes well for me, I think... Am due dc2 next weekend and would really, really like not to be as massively overdue as with dc1. Sod's law surely dictates that if it is uncomfortably hot I will be in labour, surely??

Oo, oo! We're off to Mull next week. Perhaps I could pack a t-shirt as well as wet weather gear

AnyFucker Sat 30-May-15 22:19:01

yay ! at laaaaaast

Sansarya Sat 30-May-15 22:20:37

30C? Where?? BBC long-range forecast for next week shows 24 for London next Saturday, and that's usually one of the warmest places in the UK. Not sure I like the idea of 30...

RatOnnaStick Sat 30-May-15 22:23:09

More than about 23° is too hot for me, I'll be the stressy woman melting bad-temperedly and hiding indoors...

OhYouBadBadKitten Sat 30-May-15 22:23:41

At the moment the models show central southern and eastern England. thunderstorms to the north.

Oh well, wet weather gear it is then

<shuffling away sadly>

TheBookofRuth Sat 30-May-15 22:28:13

Of course it is, we're off to Italy. It is inevitable the weather would improve the moment we go away. confused

magimedi Sat 30-May-15 23:02:02

I'll believe it when it happens.

Still feels like late winter/ very early spring here.

Dansak Sat 30-May-15 23:04:59

Thebookofruth we're going away too. Heat waves always happen when we're away.

If anyone wants to start a fund to send us on holiday more often, I would willingly oblige.

Sansarya Sat 30-May-15 23:15:36

Anything over 25 is hideous in London!

OhYouBadBadKitten Sun 31-May-15 08:18:01

hah. After two days of consistency, the latest model run takes the silly heat to the east of us. 26c Friday, a couple of degrees lower Saturday.

meglet Sun 31-May-15 12:22:16

<<pretends to not get insanely excited at the thought of heat finally arriving>>

IHavemyownLighthouseyouknow Sun 31-May-15 21:47:03

Is there any chance of a bit of heat/sunshine in Cornwall next weekend as well Kitten, or should I keep the boots/macs/jumpers packed?

GloriaSmud Mon 01-Jun-15 06:40:56

Bit of warmth would be nice towards the end of the week.
Just spotted there's a weather warning for strong winds for some areas, overnight/into tomorrow. Quite a bit of rain with it as well.

Pipistrella Mon 01-Jun-15 07:13:45

Oh...nice about it being warm. Not sure if that means the trees will have enough water though, I hope it thunders too, that's both covered.

Madamecastafiore Mon 01-Jun-15 07:17:51

Its DHs birthday and we're having a bbq so I bloody hope so.

Woo woo.

JassyRadlett Mon 01-Jun-15 07:38:09

Oh thank god! May drove me mad with cold and wet.

Hopefully we'll get a proper decent summer for once. <hunts out paddling pool and maternity sundress>

PlainHunting Mon 01-Jun-15 07:45:22

Hmm, has the lovely weather for the end of this week been cancelled?

Yesterday Netweather was suggesting temperatures of 27 degrees on Thursday and Friday here (Mids). I looked this morning and now it says a max of 16!

RatOnnaStick Mon 01-Jun-15 09:33:18

Oh yes! BBC has us at 19° saturday, 18° with thunder on sunday now. I'm not so pleased about that as we're supposed to be at Brands Hatch all day. If we have thunderstorms its going to make for interesting racing.

digerd Mon 01-Jun-15 11:11:05

Saturday was cold, Sunday was warm and very humid until 5pm when it freshened up.
Today feels very cold -only 16 degrees in my west facing back rooms and walked the dog in my winter clothes at 7.45am.

Still lovely in the sun,though. Keeping fingers crossed for 2pm longest dog walk of the day.hmm
SE.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now