Talk

Advanced search

OYBBK

(4 Posts)
MixenLane Fri 05-Dec-14 15:30:12

I've NC recently but am a semi-regular on the Weather board, so can I ask for favour please fgrin

Can you look ahead to Tuesday 16th and Wednesday 17th, how is the weather in England in the north west and south east looking?
I'm taking a flight on the 17th and my travel companion totally missed their Xmas holiday a few years ago becase of bad weather - we want to make all possible advance preparations and come up with Plan B, just in case.

OhYouBadBadKitten Sat 06-Dec-14 07:49:51

Tuesday is fine til mid afternoon when the winds will start to pick up across the UK to gusts of around 50-60mph. No snow

on Wednesday the north west could be seeing gales/severe gales with gusts perhaps to 70mph on the coast. SE coasts could be gusting 50-60mph but further inland lower speeds.

At this point in time I wouldnt be too concerned with snow, but obviously its a few days away yet and if the centre of the low pressure comes further south it may bring a snow risk into the NW.

MixenLane Sat 06-Dec-14 09:21:17

Thank you, Kitten, much appreciated.

I've been imagining all kinds of weather events that could mess this up and at this time of year I worry about fog, ice, snow, and wind! And let's not forget volcanoes fgrin

I'll keep my eye on those winds (and potential snow) as they could affect our flight down to Heathrow. On the information you have at the moment, it sounds as if Heathrow itself should be ok so I think Plan B will be to have alternative arrangements in place for getting down there.

OhYouBadBadKitten Sat 06-Dec-14 17:11:04

You're welcome smileweather warnings unfortunately include the NW.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now