Talk

Advanced search

Met Office Dual warning

(45 Posts)
OhYouBadBadKitten Wed 12-Nov-14 14:09:52

blog about it here

apparently they can now combine two warnings into one. Not entirely sure how they are differenet but theyve issued one for tomorrow for the West

trikken Wed 12-Nov-14 14:16:05

So lots of rain and wind tomorrow.

trikken Wed 12-Nov-14 14:38:21

So much wind and rain already. Im glad i dont have to go anywhere tomorrow.

OhYouBadBadKitten Wed 12-Nov-14 14:55:14

shades of last winter sad

RafaIsTheKingOfClay Wed 12-Nov-14 19:46:15

It would be good if it wasn't like last winter. Looking at tomorrow's forecast I think I'm going to be packing a change of clothes for work.

OhYouBadBadKitten Thu 13-Nov-14 09:58:43

amber warning for the SW for wind now with gusts to 70mph.

OhYouBadBadKitten Thu 13-Nov-14 10:55:05

bump.

marne2 Thu 13-Nov-14 10:57:40

Horrid here in Dorset already, wind and rain, roads are already quite bad from the last lot sad, I can't see us getting this 'cold winter' we keep reading about, weather now seems very similar to last year what with the snow in the US and the warmer wet weather here.

trikken Thu 13-Nov-14 11:00:38

Yeah really bad in Dorset.

RafaIsTheKingOfClay Thu 13-Nov-14 11:03:56

Really bad down here in Devon too.

Judging by the sound of the massive thump, one of our wheely bins has just taken off and hit the side of the house.

I'm not sure I actually want to go to work in this. It sounds a bit dangerous out there.

VelvetGreen Thu 13-Nov-14 11:11:14

I've just had the surreal experience of a tin bath and a broomstick flying past the window! It really is grim out there.

RafaIsTheKingOfClay Thu 13-Nov-14 11:21:48

It's horrific, and I'm quite used to being wind battered.

trikken Thu 13-Nov-14 12:09:23

Hoping the scaffolding isnt going to come off of the house across the street. Also hoping the tent pegs holding down the trampoline is enough.

GloriaSmud Thu 13-Nov-14 12:40:20

It's like we've turned the clock back to the awfulness that was last winter sad
The sea wall at Dawlish has been damaged after the repairs this year. There's also train travel disruption in Wales and Devon ~ First Great Western disruption page.

Stay safe everyone in the warning areas.

OhYouBadBadKitten Thu 13-Nov-14 15:02:35

That is very surreal Velvet grin

trikken, is there anything you can weight it with (safely).

Oh no Gloria sad it is massively deja vu.

RafaIsTheKingOfClay Thu 13-Nov-14 17:07:45

Isn't it just Gloria. Brilliant day for the bus company to be doing some sort of survey. There's been guys in hi vis jackets standing at bus stops all day checking off buses as they pass.

trikken Thu 13-Nov-14 17:17:10

It has a deep one hammered in too. I will send dh out in a bit to check it and see if it needs anything.

RafaIsTheKingOfClay Thu 13-Nov-14 17:59:59

It's died down a lot here for now. Just got back from work and we might have lost a few roof tiles out the front.

Wheelie bins still in place though since I moved them this morning. Hopefully the same applies to the recycling ones although I think they were already secured with bricks.

meglet Thu 13-Nov-14 20:20:32

Why can't we have a normal, slightly cold winter sad? Dab of snow around January and that's it.

It feels like the last 6 years have either been Narnia or a monsoon.

RafaIsTheKingOfClay Thu 13-Nov-14 21:19:33

Gusts of up to 93mph recorded in Devon.

Not even going to think about what the guy on the bike in the video clip was thinking. shock

OhYouBadBadKitten Thu 13-Nov-14 22:13:12

It's been a really rough day for some of you and I can see why the SE bias is complained about on the news. So far nada.

Rafa, sorry about your roof tiles. Our insurance paid to have ours sorted when we had them muddled by the wind roofer then took cash in hand to cement the rest of the ridge tiles together I hope you can sort them quickly and easily.

OYBBK Any chance of the rain stopping before Christmas?

RafaIsTheKingOfClay Thu 13-Nov-14 22:30:11

Fortunately building insurance is covered by my landlord. And he happens to be a roofer, so I'm imagining they won't be too much of a problem. They landed inches from the front door though, right on the path. Could have been really nasty if someone had been coming out of the door at the wrong moment.

YY to wind and rain stopping by Christmas.

OhYouBadBadKitten Thu 13-Nov-14 22:33:51

Not a good thing to think about Rafa. Good job with your Landlord!

Pete, GFS goes out to the end of Nov. It looks very unsettled sad

OhYouBadBadKitten Fri 14-Nov-14 07:55:13

Part of the M25 has collapsed - said to be due to heavy rain! bbc news

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now