Talk

Advanced search

Rainy weather warniongs for monday tuesday next week

(34 Posts)
OhYouBadBadGhostie Fri 21-Oct-11 15:27:56

from the met office for the western side of england and also Wales. Could be pretty gale-ish as well.

purpleturtletoise Fri 21-Oct-11 15:29:33

Oh good. Day trip to Keswick on Tuesday. grin

OhYouBadBadGhostie Fri 21-Oct-11 16:01:02

that'll be fun!!! grin

OhYouBadBadGhostie Fri 21-Oct-11 18:18:14

bumpity as its half term for many.

lostinwales Fri 21-Oct-11 18:26:00

Oh no, DS2 is going on a football camp Mon-Weds, it's right on the coast as well. If I wasn't fretting enough about letting my precious 9 year old out of my hands for two nights! Still the place has been there since my lovely MiL went on school trips there so I guess they know what they are doing! Goodness it's been really windy on and off here for weeks now.

PattySimcox Fri 21-Oct-11 18:30:28

Oh goody just in time for half term

OhYouBadBadGhostie Fri 21-Oct-11 19:19:55

It is so typically timed isnt it!

OhYouBadBadGhostie Sun 23-Oct-11 19:30:34

updated warnings Some western parts could end up very wet indeed.

Chaotica Sun 23-Oct-11 21:15:13

We need rain! Send it east, I tell you. The soil is like dust and the water table has dropped. The met office announced that the summer rain had been 'evaporated or drunk by the plants' - naughty plants wink. Really, I don't mind being wet for a while.

OhYouBadBadGhostie Sun 23-Oct-11 21:19:00

Tell me about it. Combined totals for me for Sept and Oct are 42mm. Not a lot!

fluffythevampirestabber Sun 23-Oct-11 21:23:13

In Northern Ireland and it is FOUL tonight - very very windy and very very wet.

Chaotica Sun 23-Oct-11 21:50:18

Don't have a totally accurate local figure, but we had something around 32mm in september. Hasn't rained much since either. Am still watering plants in the garden.

OhYouBadBadGhostie Mon 24-Oct-11 09:26:49

fluffy - reports of flooding in NI on the bbc website

mankyscotslass Mon 24-Oct-11 09:40:12

Reports of road closures and potential serious flooding in Torquay here

OhYouBadBadGhostie Mon 24-Oct-11 09:42:39

shock blimey Manky - warnings of 150mm of rain today in Devon/Cornwall. That could lead to some very serious flooding.

OhYouBadBadGhostie Mon 24-Oct-11 09:54:53

amber warnings for some parts. tbh though I'm not quite sure why they arent red warnings.

lostinwales Mon 24-Oct-11 10:06:22

We're expecting 4 inches here today, I wouldn't be surprised if we were well on the way to that total already and here I am packing my precious cargo into the car for a winding drive on country roads to take him to football camp. I would NOT be going anywhere otherwise but as he is vibrating with excitement next to me at the moment I don't think he would ever speak to me again if I didn't!

SuePurblybiltFromBitsofCorpses Mon 24-Oct-11 10:10:31

North/Mid Devon, inland - woke up to dampish normal weather and then it went daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaark at about 9.30am. Big rain now and wind.

Interestingly the wind last night must have been quite high up IYSWIM - I wee'd the dog at 11pm and could hear the wind roaring and see the very highest trees moving, the lower trees weren't really budging. Odd.

OhYouBadBadGhostie Mon 24-Oct-11 10:11:31

Might be worth taking snacks and fully charged phone etc in case the roads become impassable. Take care!

OhYouBadBadGhostie Mon 24-Oct-11 10:12:23

That must have seemed strange SuePurb.

lostinwales Mon 24-Oct-11 10:14:36

Oooh snacks, great idea. I've got a 4 x 4 (I have learnt now from years of living here) so hopefully we should be ok.

Rain is starting up again now, can't wait to get home stick a stew in the slow cooker and hunker down.

SuePurblybiltFromBitsofCorpses Mon 24-Oct-11 10:16:58

Twas. I thought of you, Kitten <stalker>

Good luck lostinwales!

lostinwales Mon 24-Oct-11 10:18:22

I think we must be sitting in the same band of weather Sue <waves from across the Severn>

OhYouBadBadGhostie Mon 24-Oct-11 10:19:46

maybe a dinghy might be handy too lostinwales! Am glad you have a sensible car.
Seems so odd to hear about all the rain. I'm in central southern England. We had a bit last night but now it is blue skies and light winds. Looks lovely out there.

SuePurblybiltFromBitsofCorpses Mon 24-Oct-11 10:52:32

<waves> Seems so but looking on the met office site, I'm on the edge of it and will be driving out of it so I am not as badly off as you, poor thing. It's eased right off now anyway.

Your time will come, Kitten <evil cackle>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now