Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Weather reports from Cumbria from yesterday please.

(14 Posts)
OhYouBadBadGhostie Tue 18-Oct-11 19:06:31

Was anyone in the Whitehaven area of Cumbria yesterday afternoon please? Weather reports would be very much appreciated especially round the 4pm-5pm time - even if you have nothing much to report. If you want to keep your location private then you can pm me or fill in a report to TORRO who will keep your information private even from me if you ask!

Uglymush Tue 18-Oct-11 19:12:22

I was in the wigton area - not as far west I appreciate but it was very windy. Not twister wind though! Is this about the nursery roof?

OhYouBadBadGhostie Tue 18-Oct-11 19:16:44

It is smile Weather reports from around the area are really useful in helping to establish the cause. Things like what the sky looked like in general, what the wind was like and in which direction it was blowing - all that sort of thing can be really helpful smile

Uglymush Tue 18-Oct-11 19:22:42

Sorry i am not going to be any use then. I hope you mange to get it sorted

OhYouBadBadGhostie Tue 18-Oct-11 19:24:29

thank you - I really appreciate you coming on the thread smile

HarrietJones Tue 18-Oct-11 19:26:21

I'm further south but there was some v localised weather yesterday. Library ladies were talking of people blown over & v wild wind for about 1/2 hour where as I saw nothing at mine 10 mins away

HarrietJones Tue 18-Oct-11 19:28:24

Dh wasn't that far up but was on the west coast. Wind was v strong & westerly.
Sky was becoming over cast.

OhYouBadBadGhostie Tue 18-Oct-11 19:28:43

oo, that sounds interesting HarrietJ. Would you mind pming me please if you dont mind, or sending a report of that with the location and approx time if known to TORRO
Thanks smile

OhYouBadBadGhostie Tue 18-Oct-11 19:30:29

It would be interesting also to know the timings of the wind compared to when it became overcast - roughly speaking - tricky a day after I know when you didnt know the weather was getting interesting in parts.

chatee Tue 18-Oct-11 19:40:17

near wigton
3.45-3.55 very windy but not the worst I have seen up here

4.35-4.45 went very dark and overcast but not yet raining

4.45 -4.55 I have never seen rain like it here (reminded me of tropical storms I have seen in jamaica and dominican republic) in a 2 minute walk the children had water in their shoes and clothes stuck to them, it was just like sheets and you couldn't see through it.

HarrietJones Tue 18-Oct-11 19:45:52

We didn't get the rain. Dh friend in Millom did

OhYouBadBadGhostie Tue 18-Oct-11 19:48:35

Chatee - you are a star smile Thank you smile

OhYouBadBadGhostie Tue 18-Oct-11 19:54:20

what was the wind like in the overcast part and the monsoon part chatee?

OhYouBadBadGhostie Wed 19-Oct-11 07:23:45

bump. still interested in monday's weather.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now