Talk

Advanced search

What's the weather meant to be like in Inverness area

(6 Posts)
CardyMow Tue 18-Oct-11 13:19:41

Next week? (Half term week?). DD is going from Essex to Inverness area next week, to stay with her dad. I have no idea what to pack for her - I know it will be colder there than it is here, but how MUCH colder? DD is still in leggings and t-shirt here, What should I pack? Will it be jumpers and coats and slippers etc, or just one extra layer?

I haven't lived in Scotland for 14 years, I remember October as being one of the coldest months there, but how cold is cold? Just cold or cold and wet?

OhYouBadBadGhostie Tue 18-Oct-11 19:12:32

Def jumpers and coats and something wind proof. It looks like a mix of wind and rain with drier interludes - temps prob around the 6-10C mark unless she goes up high in which case it will be colder. It will certainly feel cold to her!

CardyMow Tue 18-Oct-11 20:22:22

Thank you. Definately thick jumpers in the case then!

Eglu Tue 18-Oct-11 20:25:02

We were up there last week and it was very chilly. We needed warm trousers t shirt, jumpers and coats. And the weather was nice. They are now forecasting snow for this week up there. She will need hat and scarf I imagine.

midnightexpress Tue 18-Oct-11 20:25:44

It's bloody cold in Glasgow today - there is snow on Ben Lomond and it rained solidly for two days until this afternoon. And I mean heavy rain. Cold, heavy rain. And wind. Lovely. One of my friends came through Aviemore the other day and it was 3 degrees, so definitely not t-shirt and leggings weather, even for Scottish teenagers. grin

And it's half term too here. We are going slightly bonkers.

CardyMow Tue 18-Oct-11 21:58:41

URK! Must buy DD new gloves then - she hasn't worn hers since January, and appears to have lost them!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now