Talk

Advanced search

Weather warnings for different bits of the country: Thursday-Sunday....

(11 Posts)
GloriaSmud Thu 25-Aug-11 15:22:28

from the metoffice.

OhYouBadBadKitten Fri 26-Aug-11 08:49:16

todays warnings People in the SW in particular should be aware that the squalls could get lively enough to bring down large branches. (and watch those trampolines!)

OhYouBadBadKitten Fri 26-Aug-11 13:24:35

TORRO have issued a convective discussion. (that means it is worth keeping an eye on things as they may develop)

OhYouBadBadKitten Fri 26-Aug-11 16:32:54

bit of a bump and a request for any reports of 'interesting' weather, particularly around south Hampshire and east of that over the next couple of hours.

JemimaMuddledUp Fri 26-Aug-11 16:40:38

I'm not in those areas, but it was a bit lively here in mid Wales yesterday - thunder storms, heavy rain and winds strong enough to rearrange the garden furniture. I know a couple of people who lost tiles.

Not as lively today, but still wet and windy.

midnightexpress Fri 26-Aug-11 16:41:45

Freezing cold here this morning. Went to pick up ds2 at lunchtime, boiling hot. Went home and got changed into sandals. Went to pick up DS1, heavens opened, thunderstorm.

Gotta love Blighty.

GloriaSmud Fri 26-Aug-11 17:23:05

Utterly miserable here (Leicester) today. Dragged ourselves up to Nottingham for a dentist's appointment and went into the city afterwards to finish getting DDs school shoes. Got soaked and discovered my shoes leak. The car temp guage was saying it was 13C as we came home just now so we're all cold and wet. It's crossed my mind to put the heating on but surely I can't do that in August!

Need brew!

GloriaSmud Fri 26-Aug-11 17:26:01

Flash flooding in Wales.

learningtofly Fri 26-Aug-11 17:50:48

No gales in here in my part of Lincs but it has rained solidly all day. Without a break. Had to use the tumble dryer out of desperation

OhYouBadBadKitten Fri 26-Aug-11 19:17:14

Jemima, TORRO may be interested in reports from your area. Don't worry, they won't pass on any details to anyone if you dont want.

I went to buy more waterproofing spray for my coat Gloria and its all run out round here. Silly weather.

GloriaSmud Fri 26-Aug-11 22:49:32

Just stuck my nose out the front door and it's still raining!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now