starting a thread here about it as it is possible there may be some air travel disruption perhaps from it. I don't think it will be on the scale of Eyjaf from what i've been reading but it is possible that the back edge of tomorrows storm may bring the ash over uk space. If it does then the amount of disruption caused will depend on the type of ash (at the moment coarser I believe than Eyjafs eruption, so less likely to hang around) and the height and density of the plume. I'll spend a bit of time later trawling the boards and news to try and get a better feel for probabilities.
news report Gloria - can they bring it forward to tomorrow? It may well be completely fine but the ATC comment about it expecting things to remain ok for the next 24 hours kind of confirms my thoughts about the back of the storm bringing ash in. I need to get on to my pc to look at the models but dd has nicked it for her homework. As soon as I can I will have a really good look. (getting much better at looking at charts )
Mila have set up some webcams already but they don't seem to be working at the moment! But they're here and here if they ever get working! According to one blog this morning, you should also be able to see the plume from the volcano here, to the left, in the distance but it's been quite cloudy over that way, so not much been seen on that one today.
OYBBK (have just seen your message about parents changing flights from earlier on), I'll have to e-mail them and 'encourage' them to change flights/warn them that air traffic might be affected around Wednesday time.
Luckily, they've got their own place out there so there's no having to vacate self-catering places/hotel rooms etc. They were supposed to come back last Wednesday but had to delay a week (Dad wasn't very well) so they've been out there nearly 4 weeks already (though can think of worse places to be 'stranded'!) Ironically, they were due to go out to Cyprus last April and were delayed when the other Icelandic volcano caused trouble!