Talk

Advanced search

DH just announced he wants a weather station for xmas

(17 Posts)
goodmanners Wed 22-Dec-10 18:40:31

so where sells them cheapily in a shop as opposed to online and do them digital ones go outside or not? I have about £40 .

blueberrysantabait Wed 22-Dec-10 18:46:19

~Our Lidl had them at £39 lasr week and Aldi had them at £17 a while ago not sure if either have any in stock still. I have a spare £17 one from Aldi in the garage here - DH changed his mind! If you can't find one I am happy to post it next day delivery to you if you are stuck.

goodmanners Wed 22-Dec-10 18:50:40

Can you link to it and where are you? i really cant see anything arriving next day as we have had some massive dumps of snow here.... thanks though....grin

Zoonose Wed 22-Dec-10 18:51:17

They have them at our local garden centre here - you could try phoning ones near you to see if they have them?

mankyscotslass Wed 22-Dec-10 18:52:31

Dh came home on Monday with one for me, it was £20 on offer in Comet.

It has an outside sensor that you use to transmit to the main unit.

Zoonose Wed 22-Dec-10 18:53:10

One we have has bit that goes outside and main digital display inside. Were in wiltshire.

fluffles Wed 22-Dec-10 18:54:05

i LOVE mine - oregon scientific.
it's got a bit that goes outside and then a terminal that stays inside and reads the outside sensor.

i can tell you right now it's -5 outside and 21 inside high pressure, 6.53 and i could tell you somethign about the phases of the moon if i understood that blush

goodmanners Wed 22-Dec-10 18:54:13

oooo comet now theres one handily close i will go online and perhaps reserve one - keep em comming - we have a garden centre up the road too but really i cannot be assed fighting in there as popular for fc visits.

Zoonose Wed 22-Dec-10 18:54:37

Sorry 'we're' - typing on phone.

goodmanners Wed 22-Dec-10 18:59:03

is it this one? ooo its all quite interesting really and ive been obsessed myself of late .

goodmanners Wed 22-Dec-10 19:05:54

Anyone any opinions on this one for £5 in maplins??

maplins for £5

mankyscotslass Wed 22-Dec-10 19:06:31

Its the same brand, but I think the model is different, the screen on mone has pressure readings, and phases of the moon and a figure of a girl that is the "weather girl".

goodmanners Wed 22-Dec-10 19:08:46

oh my dh would probably like a weather girl!

OhYouSnowySnowyKitten Wed 22-Dec-10 19:23:36

I have an oregon scientific too. Also got a separate rain gauge that dh bought (a timex). The oregon is not bad at all for the money. The most important thing is to properly site the outdoor sensor.

Now what I would love in all my dreams is one of these with a data logger. Then I could do automatic graphs and a website and everything. <goes into happy dream world>

goodmanners Wed 22-Dec-10 19:33:41

ooo that looks serious!

OhYouSnowySnowyKitten Wed 22-Dec-10 19:38:33

It is splendid!
<wanders off to admire it some more>

goodmanners Wed 22-Dec-10 19:56:41

i dont think the maplins one looks like it tells me much for a fiver so comet one it will be.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now