Talk

Advanced search

Freezing rain warning

(8 Posts)
OhYouSnowySnowyKitten Fri 03-Dec-10 17:48:22

Been talking about it in another thread but perhaps worth highlighting. It is almost certainly going to get very nasty over night for some in terms of travel. Weather coming in from the west will be a mix of snow, freezing rain and rain. With temps widely of -7C and below at the moment, you can imagine what happens when rain falls on to surfaces that are so cold. Please, please take extra care tonight and tomorrow morning.

GrimmaTheNome Fri 03-Dec-10 17:52:00

Oh, that's vile stuff - used to get it a lot when I lived in America especially when I visited the Boston office.

Here's a tip - don't leave your de-icer in the car. If the freezing rain covers the car with a layer of ice you may not be able to open the doors without it!

OhYouSnowySnowyKitten Fri 03-Dec-10 17:52:24

Good tip!!!!

OhYouSnowySnowyKitten Fri 03-Dec-10 18:32:46

bump! (or hopefully not!)

OhYouSnowySnowyKitten Fri 03-Dec-10 19:48:59

bump again

MarshaBrady Fri 03-Dec-10 19:50:58

Thanks for tip! London too?

OhYouSnowySnowyKitten Fri 03-Dec-10 19:54:00

depending on timing marsha I would say it is quite likely. I suppose the ideal thing would be for it to time itself so that it happens around 2am or so and is all melted by 6am!

ShirtyGerty Sun 05-Dec-10 09:44:49

I've just bought these on Amazon. 7 months preg and very worried about slipping over. Hopefully I'll get my money's worth out of them over the winter.

www.amazon.co.uk/Springyard-Runner-Superior-Qualit y-Grippers/dp/B003G40UY8

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: