Talk

Advanced search

Anyone awake???? Need a weather update...

(13 Posts)
CupcakesHay Thu 02-Dec-10 05:11:29

Hi

Anyone awake in Surrey. I'm in London and sitting here panicking as I'm meant to be lugging 5 huge bags in a cab from London to Byfleet today... so I'm panicking if i'll even make it to Surrey.

And then my parents are meant to be picking me up from Byfleet to take me back to Devon - and I need to get to theirs, as I'm 7.5 months pregnant, and just want to get to the place I'm meant ot be having the baby - where all my stuff is.

AARRrrrggh! Going Online with no-one to talk to at 5am is a bad idea.

So any Surrey street/snow conditions updates would be very greatful!

JustKeepSparkling Thu 02-Dec-10 06:02:43

Sorry I'm in Essex, just keeping it bumped for you, good luck!

Oh my parents are in Devon and yesterday said they had no snow, so that end of things should be ok.

BarbaraWindsor Thu 02-Dec-10 06:14:06

Well Kent is v bad. Not sure if that's helpful!

Goblinchild Thu 02-Dec-10 06:17:14

No southern trains are running south of East Croydon. My bit of Sussex has had 15cm+ of snow to add to yesterday's.

tjacksonpfc Thu 02-Dec-10 06:17:58

Wiltshire is bad. I know its nowhere near you but keeps it bumped till someone more helpful comes along grin

JustKeepSparkling Thu 02-Dec-10 06:22:04

Can you leave it a few days?

orienteerer Thu 02-Dec-10 06:25:52

Southern trains has suspended its services and Southeastern is running an emergency timetable.

MissPopOff Thu 02-Dec-10 06:29:55

Hi OP - North Kent here and very very bad. Local motorways are closed, Gatwick very bad. Perhaps wait till Saturday when temperatures go up a bit and they have had a chance to clear roads etc.

Are you worried you may go into labour early? It's better to be safe and stay where you are, than being stranded in the freezing cold, pregnant and miles from home.

Take care x

MissPopOff Thu 02-Dec-10 06:31:09

Just seen the weather report, the whole of the South is covered in heavy snow, like a strip across the bottom of the country from Kent to Devon. Please stay where you are.

highlighterpen Thu 02-Dec-10 06:36:33

Hi OP. I'm in Cornwall - we have about 4 inches of snow this morning.

Stay put for a few days.

And don't panic - you'll be where you need to be in time for the big day smile

daisydotandgertie Thu 02-Dec-10 06:40:36

I'm in Somerset - about 5 inches here. I'd not try and get to Devon today.

cece Thu 02-Dec-10 07:00:00

I'm in West Byfleet and we have had quite a lot of snow overnight. Waiting to hear if the kids school is closed or not.

mummytime Thu 02-Dec-10 07:21:13

In Surrey schools shut again. There was more snow over night, and more predicted this morning.
South West trains though expect to be operating a full time table.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: