Talk

Advanced search

Saturday 27th snow/no snow etc.

(50 Posts)
OhYouBadBadKitten Sat 27-Nov-10 08:18:56

I'm getting a bit muddled about which thread to post what on and it all changes so quickly anyway.

I see that the NE of scotland is getting somewhat buried. Lots of organised showers through the NE and through East Anglia today too.
Some of central southern England had some over night. There is a risk for substantial snow over night in that region.

warnings for many

off to look at the models now..

YourCallIsImportant Sat 27-Nov-10 08:21:22

We weren't forecast to have snow last night but we had about 3 hours of it and have 2 or 3" this moring. Just north of Glasgow.

Right now it's -5 degrees, clear skies and 1010 Mb.

duckyfuzz Sat 27-Nov-10 08:23:17

More overnight here (durham)

aristomache Sat 27-Nov-10 08:25:58

snowed overnight here in cumbria

domesticsluttery Sat 27-Nov-10 08:27:16

Nothing overnight here, but the 2 or 3" on the ground from yesterday has frozen hard (it was -6 first thing). The BBC has forecast more snow this morning, although this morning's forecast has less falling than last night's predicted.

Mid Wales BTW.

mankyscotslass Sat 27-Nov-10 08:34:57

See, I told you, buying snow shovels = no snow. sad

Forecasts looking very unlikely for us now. I think anyway.

What do you reckon?

siblingrivalry Sat 27-Nov-10 08:36:45

Loads here (Durham). We are in a village which is high up and dh might not get into work -the road isn't passable. He's out there digging away!

BelleDameSansMerci Sat 27-Nov-10 08:38:16

Good morning, OYBK... We have snow here (Huddersfield/Holmfirth) but only a "layer". It does look as if it will snow again shortly.

I just hope my mega shopping order gets through and then it can snow us in for a fortnight and I won't much care!

OhYouBadBadKitten Sat 27-Nov-10 08:40:47

manky, I have to admit I'm struggling to work out where you might get snow from now. chin up though, it is only November.

mankyscotslass Sat 27-Nov-10 08:43:31

grin

Well we may get a sniff in the new year! <sob>

I hope everyone is remembering to feed the poor birds!

I've just been out to refill the water for them too!

Hulababy Sat 27-Nov-10 08:46:33

Sheffield

Have a covering of snow on waking up this morning, but nothing like last year. Estate roads covered but I would imagine the main roads will be fine, even by now. DH is just leaving to go squash, so will know soon enough.

lucykate Sat 27-Nov-10 08:57:37

snowed overnight here in rutland, not lots, only about 1" or so.

3isthemagicnumber Sat 27-Nov-10 08:59:18

Covering of snow here (Nottingham) but forecat has changed from last night when we were being predicted light snow every day for next 5 to no more at all, nada, zilch...

DC are out in the garden now wisely making the most of it...

SantasNutellaFairy Sat 27-Nov-10 09:00:19

Just a sprinkling here in South Wales(between Cardiff and Swansea), but it's trying very hard to do more.

wigglesrock Sat 27-Nov-10 09:05:13

Snow here in Co Antrim but forecast more concerned with ice.

CherryMonster Sat 27-Nov-10 09:16:04

we had a very light sprinkling overnight, which i am happy about, but we need more so i the kids can play in it and go sledging

sockmonkey Sat 27-Nov-10 09:17:03

Boys have just come in from playing in the snow. Also Nottm (waves at 3)
Weird going from absolutely no sign, to a good couple of inches over night.

moonmother Sat 27-Nov-10 09:43:27

Dunstable /bedfordshire

No snow forecast but have had a light dusting early this morning.grin

Just nipped to town and seen loads of people buying sledges, lol.

We haven't got a centimetre yet.

OhYouBadBadKitten Sat 27-Nov-10 10:26:00

Down here we are under a kind of no-weather cloud blanket. Its just like the weather forgot to happen. uniformly grey sky, temp of -.7C

OhYouBadBadKitten Sat 27-Nov-10 10:29:47

I can still see the band of snow sitting in the channel - no use to anyone there - silly thing!

LadyGlencoraPalliser Sat 27-Nov-10 10:32:41

A few little flakelets falling tantalisingly here in North Devon, but I don't think its going to come to anything.

ethelina Sat 27-Nov-10 10:34:00

Mum's got snow falling in Folkestone, we're 13 miles away more inland and it's just starting to float about in the air now.

OhYouBadBadKitten Sat 27-Nov-10 10:36:45

Oh excellent if you look here you can see how it just touches Kent. It may well move up further - its kind of rotating on itself.

ArfurSleep Sat 27-Nov-10 10:37:58

icing sugar style dusting here overnight (SW Eng, Severn bridge area)

v cold and clear now

FunkySnowSkeleton Sat 27-Nov-10 10:38:06

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now