Talk

Advanced search

oh bother - sorry Cornwall!

(7 Posts)
OhYouBadBadKitten Wed 17-Nov-10 12:48:59

I didn't anticipate the rain being as bad as it was (in my excuse I've had late night meetings two nights on the trot). Fraid I missed issuing any weather warnings. Hope you've not all floated away.

very belated warnings - expire in about 12 minutes!

petunia Thu 18-Nov-10 10:07:43

They really had it bad didn't they? Although the rain was forecast, it seemed to just sit over the Cornwall area.

OhYouBadBadKitten Sat 20-Nov-10 17:09:21

I think it took even professional forecasters by surprise - some lessons to be learned I'm sure.

onadietcokebreak Sat 20-Nov-10 21:14:59

Tbh I think our local county council have more to answer for with the blocked drains.

OhYouBadBadKitten Sat 20-Nov-10 22:21:02

I think Councils get very complacent 'with probably won'ts' and budgets and stuff. I think most of them get away with stuff by the skin of their teeth.

From what I can tell, local people couldnt have done much to prepare at all, this was such a localised event. I do feel fr those affected - horrible for them.

onadietcokebreak Sat 20-Nov-10 22:25:57

Local farmers reckon that the lack of country management such as rivers becoming clogged with debris and trees could be a factor

I know council don't bother with road sweeping apart from one main road. It's been scary driving on leave clogged roads.

But overall couldn't be predicted

OhYouBadBadKitten Sat 20-Nov-10 22:33:11

from personal experience countryside management is a huge issue and one that has been a problem for quite a while. I'll have to do some more reading on this I think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now