Talk

Advanced search

Anyone who uses jars ....how did they move up to stage 2?

(9 Posts)
Mosschops30 Fri 12-Aug-05 19:25:00

Message withdrawn

jessicaandbumpsmummy Fri 12-Aug-05 19:26:36

no idea.... jess refused all 7 month jars so had to go on to homecooked food! Sorry.... she still has stuff blended or mashed now at 12.5 months!

vickiyumyum Fri 12-Aug-05 19:26:53

if i used a jar i used to still mush it up a bit more with a fork and gradually leave more lumps in it.

Frizbe Fri 12-Aug-05 19:28:27

I seem to remember the Hipp Organic noodles in stage two were the only one dd would eat for ages! guess the bits are so small she hardly noticed.

Mosschops30 Fri 12-Aug-05 19:32:32

Message withdrawn

jessicaandbumpsmummy Fri 12-Aug-05 19:34:14

oh, but the 7 month "sweet" jars were fine....

hipp ones were not too bad, i started weaning a bit late and jess wouldnt tolerate lumps - still doesnt really now.... prefers finger foods

yorkshirelass Fri 12-Aug-05 20:32:38

My DS is 10 months old and still gags on some 7 month jars - Hipp are definitely smaller lumps and I found to begin with the pasta versions seem to go down easier. (Spaghetti Carbonara is the favourite!) My DS seems to think that everything that's on a spoon doesn't require chewing, and so although he's getting better with finger foods, he still has a tendancy to gag on lumpy spoon-fed food.

We just keep practising!!!

Twiglett Fri 12-Aug-05 20:37:01

don't fret it you've plenty of time .. this is not something you need to force, it will come naturally over the next few months

you could stick some baby rice into 4 month jars to thicken it up slowly

if he's eating finger food and can chew it he's fine

your HV is being an arse I think

gingernut Fri 12-Aug-05 20:41:43

Agree with Twiglett. Lots of babies struggle with lumps, particularly lumps in sauce (IYSWIM) i.e. they can chew finger food but they gag if they get something smoothish and suddenly find a lump in it. I used to mash or puree 7 month jars a bit, but mostly I gave ds1 home-made food and I cooked everything till it was very soft and mashed or chopped it, gradually making it more lumpy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now