Talk

Advanced search

baby purees. yummy mixes needed.

(11 Posts)
misdee Sun 31-Jul-05 19:47:14

am just starting weaning dd3, and have ordered a new blender, so need some new ideas for baby purrees to try out. what things work well together etc. i used to use jars all the time, but want to make my own tis time.

collision Sun 31-Jul-05 19:50:30

avocado and banana is divine
peach and apricot
dried apricots stewed in pan and blitzed
apple and pear
potato and pea
carrot and potato

meggymoo Sun 31-Jul-05 19:51:42

Message withdrawn

meggymoo Sun 31-Jul-05 19:52:35

Message withdrawn

saadia Mon 01-Aug-05 10:59:56

For when she's a bit older you could try pasta with broccoli, tomato and grated cheese. Both dss love this and never refuse it (probably jinxed it now).

I once tried carrot and pear as well, which turned out to be popular.

Also mixed courgettes, red peppers and carrots with baby rice (not for the first stage though).

Leogaela Wed 03-Aug-05 19:54:53

i've got a great book, although not weaning yet so can't recommend a particular puree.

Annabel Karmel's Feeding your baby and toddler.

Gobbledigook Wed 03-Aug-05 19:56:51

pea and sweetcorn is very quick and easy if you keep both frozen - just pour a few in a cm or so of water and they cook in about 2 mins then you can just blend them.

A good one if you've no time.

WigWamBam Wed 03-Aug-05 19:57:25

My dd loved:
peach and pear
melon and apple
mango and stewed apricot

Gobbledigook Wed 03-Aug-05 19:57:55

I second apricots with anything - always a hit.

Sweet potato with anything too. Early on I just mixed it with veg, then started adding cheese to it and then added cod or tuna to it. Ds3 is 11 months and still has it.

WigWamBam Wed 03-Aug-05 20:11:18

Yes, sweet potato is good. It always went down well with carrot or swede in it, and especially with apple.

She also liked butternut squash and red lentils, cooked together for half and hour and blitzed, once she'd been on purees for a month or two.

Peach, plim and pear always went down well too.

jenweber630 Sun 07-Aug-05 23:18:05

I find that avocado seems to go well with lots of fruits - ds loves it. For veg, it wasn't my son's favorite so I made up songs for his meals and it motivated him to eat his broccoli... Also a bit later, mixing mushed fruit with unswettened yogurt has been a favorite.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: