Talk

Advanced search

weaning... dropping bottles... what do i do?

(4 Posts)
starlover Fri 29-Jul-05 11:07:13

ok, ds is doing great with the solids. we're on 3 meals a day now.
but he still has 5 7oz bottles of milk a day too... should i cut down on this? he doesn't always drink all of them.
not sure how to go about it so any advice welcome!

Mum2Ela Fri 29-Jul-05 11:37:05

How old is your DS? Mine will be 9 mths on Tuesday and he has three meals a day and 4 5oz bottles of milk (so breakfast, lunch and dinner and bottles at 6am, 10am, 2pm and for bed).

I think 'they' say a minimum of a pint of milk a day so with breakfast as well with milk and occasionally a yogurt or milk in a meal I think DS has enough. He too often leaves a couple of oz's in his bottle.

DD (nearly three) will sometimes drink 2 pints of milk a day, even now.

I think if your DS is happy and often drinking the whole bottle, leave him to it. Milk isn't going to hurt him. Or perhaps just cut down to 6oz and see if it makes any diference to himn, he prob won't notice.

starlover Fri 29-Jul-05 12:38:27

he's 6 months.. just wasn't sure if i am supposed to cut down... or just leave him to it!

Mum2Ela Fri 29-Jul-05 12:40:58

Oh personally at 6 months I would leave him to it. Let him drink the milk he wants, at that age milk will still be his main nutritional supplement iyswim.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now