loader

Talk

Advanced search

Weaning advice please!

(6 Posts)
Feffi Mon 25-Jul-05 09:50:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

fredly Mon 25-Jul-05 10:54:42

I would give it a few more nights to see if it was not something else that woke him up. My dd was also a big baby and I started solids at 4 months but still breastfed until 8.5 months.

NotQuiteCockney Mon 25-Jul-05 10:56:52

They go through phases of waking. (Frankly, I think you're lucky to have had him sleeping so long at such an early age!) I'd say it was a growth spurt.

The thing is, all the solids you can introduce this early are lower calorie than breastmilk, and not much of the nutritional value can be absorbed. Best to wait as long as you can.

Feffi Mon 25-Jul-05 11:10:40

sazhig Mon 25-Jul-05 15:07:06

Really obvious reason for not introducing solids at this age (but is does get missed quite often!)is that their digestive tract is likely not to be ready to digest solid food. As far as I know a heavier baby is not likely to be further developed than other babies.

That sounds really patronising I know - but I couldn't make it sound any better - no ofense intended - just wanted to reassure you that you are doing the right thing by leaving it a little longer.

This link may be useful

Feffi Mon 25-Jul-05 19:34:50

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now