Talk

Advanced search

9 month old refuses to feed herself - any ideas?

(2 Posts)
malloo Sun 08-Nov-09 21:59:44

DD is generally a good eater and will have a go at anything as long as I put it in her mouth (either from a spoon or chunks of food). However she will not put anything in her mouth herself. I always put some finger foods out for her and she will happily take them to bits/ throw them on the floor etc but will not put them near her mouth. If I gently encourage her hand towards her mouth she gets upset. Also cries if I put food in front of her that she wants but don't feed her it. She is happy to put all sorts of non edible objects into her mouth!! It's not really that big a problem as she is eating well, it would just be handy if she could do a bit of it herself so that I could get a chance to eat with her! I suppose I could just refuse to feed her anything so that she has to do it but that seems a bit extreme! just wondered if anyone has any other ideas? Thanks

PoppyIsApain Sun 08-Nov-09 22:03:23

She is abit young, my ds only started feeding himself finger foods at about a year properly and at 17 months has just started feeding himself with a sppon, lower your expectations, she will get there in her own time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now