Talk

Advanced search

At what age would you allow hot chocolate/horlicks type drinks?

(2 Posts)
BertieBotts Sat 07-Nov-09 12:12:11

DS has always been difficult to calm down in the evenings ready for bed and I was wondering if a warm drink might help. He is 13 months and still breastfeeds but it doesn't seem to calm him down, he likes to play with my nipples, switch from one to the other, get into ridiculous positions, and then just crawl off when he has had enough - it doesn't always make him sleepy, in fact it sometimes seems to give him a burst of energy!

Anyway I don't want to give him tea or coffee because of the caffeine, I am not sure hot milk on its own would help much but I bought him some biscuits made by Plum which have chammomile in, they are sweetened with Spelt rather than sugar and I discovered when crushed up and mixed with milk they make a sort of horlicks-type drink and wondered whether it would be worth a try.

whomovedmychocolatecookie Sat 07-Nov-09 12:40:26

Might be, make sure it's less than 50 degrees when you give it to him though (top up with cold milk)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now