Talk

Advanced search

Help!!!!

(3 Posts)
roxy12 Mon 02-Nov-09 15:04:17

Hi Everyone!

my little boy is 19 weeks old and is a hungry baby he has farleys rusks for his breakfast in the mornings and i have been trying to give him some dinners, i have tried meditarranean veg and rice (heinz) and broccoli and cauliflower cheese (heinz). he didnt really take to these so i thought i would try my own dinners so i cooked some veg, blended it up and added cheese sauce (baby cheese sauce) and gave it to him and he didnt really take to this either, he spat it back at me and was screwing up his face and makeing funny sounds as if to say i dont like this!
he has been takeing a real interest in what i eat and he has a youghurt after his dinner and he loves that, but i need to get him to start likeing dinners!

what can i do now? any suggestions?

thankyou

Seona1973 Mon 02-Nov-09 16:40:17

he is still young for food so I would stick to plain veg/fruit rather than mixing with anything like cheese sauce (dairy isnt recommended before 6 months btw). Sweet potato, carrot, butternut squash, etc are some of the sweeter veg. If he is spitting food out maybe he just isnt ready for it yet.

cara2244 Mon 02-Nov-09 19:58:56

Wait 'til 24-26 weeks and try baby led weaning? There is loads of info from people who've done it on MN.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now