Talk

Advanced search

BLW - is it normal for the food to come out the other end looking exactly the same as it went in?

(9 Posts)
peachpearplum Mon 02-Nov-09 08:00:52

...or does it mean my ds is not ready yet? He is 28 weeks and the food in question is broccoli and carrots

FaintlyMacabre Mon 02-Nov-09 08:04:07

Yes, this happens for some time. Just don't get too alarmed the first time he has banana...

PoisonToadstool Mon 02-Nov-09 08:21:15

Oh yes. Raisins come out hydrated <boak>

peachpearplum Mon 02-Nov-09 10:07:28

argh just had a banana poo...bears no resemblance to banana but god the smell!!!

possibly tmi. sorry.

TheProvincialLady Mon 02-Nov-09 10:12:31

Peas don't come out the way they went in. Peas get squished, even though I know they are not chewed before they are swallowed in DS2's casehmm

Stayingscarygirl Mon 02-Nov-09 10:14:43

BLW wasn't known about when I was weaning the dses. Now I see what I missed out on!

claireyBANG Mon 02-Nov-09 10:16:29

Oh god yes I remember the awful awful runny milk poos with bits of carrot in. I was so excited the first time dd did a solid one!

AnathemaDevice Wed 04-Nov-09 21:55:53

Yep-I got myself in a panic last night, thinking there was blood in DS's poo- then DH pointed out that it was actually a bit of tomato.

JoeyBettany Sun 08-Nov-09 18:19:49

My 9 month old dd evacuated an orange last week completely unchanged. She only had the inside bit, not the pith and the fibres so I was amazed to see so much orange in her nappy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now