Talk

Advanced search

Bloom fresco high chair

(8 Posts)
lilyofvalley Sun 01-Nov-09 19:01:30

hi
I've just bought a bloom fresco loft high chair and am finding it really hard to press the lever to adjust the tilt of the chair. In the DVD it looks really easy and I'm wondering is this a product fault or will it become easier with use. My husband has tried it too and finds it hard.

any one else had any problems?

cheers
S

strawberrie Mon 02-Nov-09 17:57:27

We've got the one which isn't the loft version, but I expect the mechanism is the same. I find it quite stiff as well but it's easier if you release the tension by tipping the handle slightly in the opposite direction before tilting it, ie if you're tilting it forward, pull it back slightly. Sorry, that's a terrible explanation, I hope you can see what I mean!

50ftQueenie Mon 02-Nov-09 18:02:09

I agree with strawberrie and that it is difficult to explain! There is a knack and it does get easier once you work it out. Let me try to explain: Pull the handle up, tip the seat backwards a little then move it to the point you want it. When you tip it backwards you will feel the point at which is becomes easier to move.

That's a pretty rubbish explanation too! Umm.... just give it a go!

lilyofvalley Mon 02-Nov-09 21:38:32

hi
thanks you guys. Yes I've tried tilting it and it is a little easier but still quiet hard. I just expected it to be better considering its such an expensive bit of kit.

Crazycatlady Tue 03-Nov-09 14:30:49

Yes try tilting forward then squeeze the lever. Ours loosened up after a few weeks. Now no problem. The blardy thing is a NIGHTMARE to clean though!

50ftQueenie Tue 03-Nov-09 14:38:10

Yes trying to clean that bloody thing makes me want to cry!

Crazycatlady Tue 03-Nov-09 14:40:41

Especially that little gap where the bottom section of the harness meets the chair... ggrrrr angry

Looks pretty in my kitchen though, and it's just about the only chair that I can strap DD into properly and she doesn't wriggle all over the place or try to stand up.

50ftQueenie Tue 03-Nov-09 15:39:17

Oh yes that little section is evil! Just goes to prove that beauty is rarely practical! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now