Talk

Advanced search

Need inspiration - baby recipies that toddler can eat (unpureed) too

(2 Posts)
jumpyjan Thu 29-Oct-09 13:55:37

I am looking for recipies that my 6 month old can have as puree and my toddler can eat the unmushed version of. I have come up with a couple of things like Cauliflower Cheese and a Chicken Stew but need some inpiration.

All I can find is Annabel Karmel recipes which I do like but some of them are far too much trouble when you have 2 DC to look after whilst you are cooking.

Misspaella Thu 29-Oct-09 18:56:36

Hi Jumpy
TBH I would give your toddler and baby whatever you are having as long as you don't salt it. That is what I did (spag bol, chili con carne w/out the chili of course, stews, mac and cheese, roasts etc). It was far too hard to do a meal for DH and myself and another dinner for my toddler and baby. I just salted the adult portions when it was dished up.

To make the food more "mushy" I would add just a tad of water and whizzed it up but usually it was fine.

Also I found with my 2nd DC she wanted to eat finger food earlier than my first DC so started giving steamed veg for her too.

Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now