Talk

Advanced search

Do you think this will be possible at 9/10 months - or am I dreaming?

(4 Posts)
ZakuroFujiwara Wed 28-Oct-09 22:29:03

DD1 (my second baby) is only just 4 months and am not planning on weaning her until 6 months but just wanted your views on whether you think the following scenario will be possible by 9/10 months? (I need to let my work know when I think I will be back so am trying to think ahead...)

In theory (! NB I realise these things rarely go to plan....), will I be able to breastfeed my daughter at 7am and 7pm and then leave the rest of her milk to be given in a cup during the day? This would only be 2 days a week. What do you think?

She absolutely refuses to take anything from a bottle and I'm assuming that that's not going to change in the next 5 months...

What's the consensus - am I setting myself up for disappointment to even think that this might be possible???

thisisyesterday Wed 28-Oct-09 22:31:22

yes, it will be absolutely fine"

DrCosyTiger Thu 29-Oct-09 21:00:43

Hi Zakuro, I don't think this will be a problem at all. I think if your LO goes to 6m without taking a bottle it's a bit pointless trying to persuade her - you may as well just use a cup. My DD is 7.5m and is just starting to get the hang of drinking from a cup (although she is actually OK with a bottle too). She also tends to have less milk on the 3 days I work anyway (sometimes making up for it at night hmm)

cleanandclothed Thu 29-Oct-09 21:11:57

Am sure it will be fine. DS actually did start being OK with a bottle of EBM at nursery as he saw the rest of the children having them (10 months when he started). But he is also fine with a sippy cup. And 9/10 months sounds fine to have only 2-3 milk feeds a day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now