Talk

Advanced search

Can I give my 7mo rich tea biscuits?

(5 Posts)
you Wed 28-Oct-09 16:25:08

I'm BLWing my 7 mo DD and looking for an occasional alternative to rice cakes/ bread sticks as easy, clean (ish) food for when we're out and about.

Ingredients seem okay, are they? Or is it akin to offering blended haribo?

sweetnitanitro Wed 28-Oct-09 16:30:28

Organix do refined-sugar-free rusks and biscuits if you want something sweet for her. They go down pretty well with my DD.

PrettyCandles Wed 28-Oct-09 16:35:00

They're not actually clean, not even ish, when gnawed at by a toothless, gummy, gorgeous LO. They go soft and squishy and make a huge mess! But then so do almost all foods at this age.

Rich teas are probably fine, but, just as with all processed foods, are higher in salt than would be healthy for a tiny. So for an occasional snack probably fine, but I wouldn't give them to her regularly.

Ginger nuts are good occasionally as well, because they last ages (until she gets teeth top and bottom).

There are lots of biscuity and hand-held snacks available in the baby aisle. We particularly like something we called 'dog biscuits'. Don't remember the manufacturer, but finger biscuits shaped slightly like dog bisucits.

you Wed 28-Oct-09 16:39:33

Thanks

Was just hoping tio avoid the ridiculously high priced weaning aisle really! Salt content seems fine actually, only 'trace' per biscuit, I'm more worried about the sugar. I'll take a look at the baby stuff, thanks

Hulla Wed 28-Oct-09 17:12:08

Missing you on the BLW thread you smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now