Talk

Advanced search

breakfast ideas for 10 month old??

(9 Posts)
sjcmum Mon 26-Oct-09 20:00:10

DD2 is not particularly keen on all the usual baby breakfast things like weetabix, porridge etc. She likes toast, but other than sucking it for a long time, not much really seems to go in. Looking for inspiration for some different ideas - but also something that won't take too long to make etc??

Disenchanted3 Mon 26-Oct-09 20:02:36

Toasted teacakes with sliced banana on top goes down great here with 10month old dd

MegBusset Mon 26-Oct-09 20:04:45

Pancakes
Cereal -- shreddies, cheerios etc if she is good with the pincer grip
Boiled egg?

dinkystinkystein Mon 26-Oct-09 20:07:11

cheese on toast, french toast, english muffins, scrambled egg (has to be well cooked) with cheese and mushrooms, omelette (can throw in tomatoes, bit of ham and cheese - again needs to be well cooked), berries (a big favourite with our DS2 aged 8 months) and melon slices and plum slices, yoghurt and grated apple

We do the easy to do stuff during the week (toast, english muffin, fruit, yoghurt etc) and the more time consuming stuff at the weekend for variety.

ThePinkOne Mon 26-Oct-09 20:54:47

When you say porridge and weetabix I guess you mean mushy cereals? I give DS shredded wheat bite size - pour milk on and off again so they don't go too soggy.

Guimuahahahahahaaaaaaa Tue 27-Oct-09 16:34:07

Sorry for hijack - MegBusset, we need you here!, come update us!

Hulla Tue 27-Oct-09 16:44:27

Kellogs raisin wheats are a fave of my 9 month old dd. Just a bit of milk on, drained and RW's plonked on her tray.

She likes to hold one in each hand! smile

sjcmum Tue 27-Oct-09 20:57:38

Thanks for the suggestions - I think she would definitely like something that she could do herself. She normally gets a small pile of whatever cereal her older sister is having - but I slightly worry about the sugar/salt content of cereals that aren't specifically for young children. Some other great suggestions to try too - thanks everyone!

ThePinkOne Wed 28-Oct-09 20:35:27

That's why I use the shredded wheat bite size - no other added ingredients! Hope it goes well smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now